Monday, October 17, 2005

Wayne Dean

This is a blog for friends of Wayne Dean's to keep you updated on his condition. Thank you for stopping by. Leave him a message in the comments section if you want .

On October 14 Wayne was diagnosed with a parietal temporal glioblastoma, a fast-growing, virulent brain tumor. The medical community knows of no cure. Treatment is for the purpose of adding some time.

On October 24 they will do surgery and remove as much of the mass as they can, if they can. We will consider other treament options after that.

This news came as a great surprise to us, as we were thinking that we were dealing with a middle ear infection and hoping to find some relief for the dizziness that Wayne has been experiencing for 4 months or so. To our amazement, that dizziness was being caused by a mass in his brain. The mass had grown significantly between the time of his last MRI in July until his newest one on October 13. (He has regular MRIs because of a benign brain tumor 15 years ago-- completely unrelated to this one.) The rapid rate of growth and the severity of Wayne's symptoms raised the alarm for the neurologist, who sent us immediately to a neurosurgeon.

We stand now with the Valley of the Shadow of death in our view. So today we tell you from our experience that "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me" (Ps. 23:4).

We, the Dean family are all cushioned by grace, held firmly in the loving embrace of our Living Lord Jesus. Our emotions are tender and tears flow freely, but the tears are not from sadness or fear, but from that place from which cleansing, freeing, honest emotion comes. We have the gift of time to say those things we would regret having left unspoken. We have time to say good bye slowly, and it is not morbid or dark, but instead it is sweet and healing.

We know that Wayne's days are not marked out by disease or by fate, but by the God who loves him and who created him. "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Ps 139:16)

We know God heals. We know that He rules over every cell and molecule in Wayne's body. We are praying for healing, but we also know that healing takes many forms. One form healing sometimes takes is eternal healing. This is not a second-tier plan. For those who know Christ, death is not defeat and it is not the end. As the apostle Paul observed, "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." If you would like to know how we are thinking about prayer for Wayne's healing, please visit my web site (www.prayinglife.org) and click on "FAQ" toward the bottom of the page. Then click on "What about prayer for healing?"

We are not afraid. We are so grateful for the reality of eternal life, and it is eternal life that we are celebrating every day.

I'll write more later, and will try to update regulary. Thank you for standing with us. We are rich in friends.

Jennifer Kennedy Dean

66 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
Prayers are being sent out from Colorado as we pray for healing, comfort and a peace that surpasses all understanding for you and for your family. Joni, Steve, Jenna, Ryan Foster.

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

You, Jennifer and the boys are on my heart and in my prayers. I find myself lifting any one or all of you up at given times throughout the day. May the God of all creation hold you very close during this time. Love, Shelly Vaughn

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
You have been so faithful to pray for Mom and our family as she continues her battle with cancer. Now we will be praying for you and your beautiful family. How reassuring it is to know that our Lord is constantly by our side as we travel through the valleys of this life. Prayers from Tennessee are also being lifted up for all of you. Much love, Jean & Mike Hartsell

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, we feel so blessed to have been able to be with you and your family at the birthday party. We are praying without ceasing for our Lord's healing of this tumor. The Lord knows He will get all the glory and your family and friends will spread the word quickly. We love you always - and Jennie and those 3 great sons.

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and Jennifer, I was sent your news.My heart is full of emotion at this moment and I know you understand that as we join together to pray, love, remember and look ahead. Wayne, you have been a special friend;you've made me laugh, you've given me encouragement and always made me feel you were happy to hear from me - that is a special quality of a very dear friend. You've been blessed with such a marvelous, loving family. We all love you. Jennifer, you are an amazing lady who continues to remind everyone what a loving Father of grace we have. We have eternal life together
to look forward to. Thank you for being a lady after God's own heart.I will be praying and waiting to hear in the days ahead. Judie Hirschman

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean Family,
Your extended Anchorage family will be steadfast in praying for Wayne, and for all, during this extremely difficult time. How wonderful to have the peace of God surrounding you during this illness.
Betsy (Holley), Dan, and Jordan Shilling

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I just heard the news today. I will be lifting up lots of prayers for you and all the fam. I know God has you in the palm of His hand and will fill you and all your loved ones with peace. ~Stephanie

10/18/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
I won't say I haven't had a very heavy heart at moments, because you know I have. But, when I pray for you or think of you, I am surprised to find myself filled with glorious praise and gratitude!
I trust our Creator, who has a perfect plan for your life. KC and I are praying for God's amazing solutions.
Love and blessings, Joann

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

It was so good to talk with you on the phone yesterday. It's hard to express in words how much your friendship has meant to me. You have been a great encourager and support for me and my family. You have been my parenting mentor, along with my crazy friend, who makes me laugh till I cry when you start telling your 'tall tales'. Please know that my family is keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. Much, much love to you, Jennifer and the boys!
Adele LoGaglio

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about Wayne's condition. I and those of the Clay-Platte Baptist Association are praying for you all. Our hearts are saddened by the news but uplifted by God's grace during these difficult days. "Thanks God for the Dean family and especially for Wayne's contribution to Your Kingdom work."

Terry Lamberth

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
It was so good to hear from you. As I said in my email, what a comfort it is to know that everything, including your illness, is in God's very capable hands. We are praying for your healing and for the comfort and protection that only He can provide for you, Jennifer and the boys. It is my privilege to work alongside you at the Foundation and, more importantly, to call you my brother in Christ. I love you.
Phil Hunt

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
I just hear about your condition. Be assured that everyone at MBCH is remembering you and the family in our prayers. We also have a list of prayer partners with whom we will share this request. Bob Springate

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

I am keeping you close in thought and prayer. While we don't know each other, I have had the opportunity to work with your wonderful wife and her incredible ministry. She has been a blessing to me and many others. I just want you to know, that I am lifting you, Jennifer, and your family up in prayer. May you feel God's presence, comfort, hope, and warm embrace each and every day as you embark on this journey. Love, Jacqueline Cromartie

10/19/2005  
Blogger larry said...

Hello Wayne;

Not a day will pass without me thinking of and praying for you and your family. It is an honor and a blessing to be counted as one of your friends.

Larry McDaniel

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer, and family. This is Frank Denton in Carrollton, Texas, along with my church family at Parkway Hills Baptist in Plano, Texas, with you in our thoughts and prayers. I do know that His grace is sufficient and your demonstrated fully trusting spirit just confirms how true it is. I do cherish the times spent with you in the early days of the Praying Life ministry and I'm so grateful for all the lives you have touched through it over these years. Much Love. Frank Denton

10/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

I spoke with Eduardo yesterday and we both were saddened by the news we heard about your health. As you know, the folks from Puerto Rico are coming to Missouri this Saturday. I know that you know that you have good friends in California and Puerto Rico that are praying for you. I know God's grace will be sufficient for the day, and that he is holding you in his hand even in this hour.

May God bless you, my friend. We will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Greg Morrow

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Wayne,

My heart is heavy.... yet I "rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."(Romans 5). I tried to think of words to comfort but all I could come up with is ... I hate tumors!!!! So, I looked to the Great Comforter and found joy and comfort in the promise of eternal life in His presence. That is mostly what I want to share with you. 2 Corinthians 5
I love you. My family is praying that you and your family will find healing and rest in the promise of God. Russell, Shari, Jon Robert, Scott Wallace, Chapell

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne how quickly Life twists and turns. You have helped strengthen relationships and open new doors for me in recent years - often with a thick milkshake helping out. You have modeled presence and interest and friendship. I trust you allow your friends walk beside you during this tough season. Many church leaders are praying with you and your family these days. Harold A. Phillips

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I found myself waking up in the middle of the night last night praying for you and your family. Please know that I will continue to pray for God to cover you with a blanket of peace, comfort and healing. Love In Christ, Tracy Bilyeu

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and Jennifer,
The demonstration of God's love in your life continues to show so clearly even in this difficult time. Working here at my desk this morning I am listening to a song that speaks of God's holiness. Even when we don't understand it is so good to remember HE knows, and holds us in His hand. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your friendship. Ken

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I prayed for you this morning my mind was steadfast on the thought "I trust you Lord, despite all circumstances". Although we could fill up a warehouse with the "why" questions, it is good to know your Creator has the best plan for your days. As I finished praying I opened the Word and was drawn to Romans 15:13...it is exactly the prayer my heart was already praying. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Today, I am begging God on your behalf for you to overflow with hope by the power of an amazing Holy Spirit as you trust in HIM!
In Christ's love. Ally Massey

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
Yes my heart was saddened when I read the news. But we all know that God is preparing a better place for those who love him. Praying for peach and comfort for you and your family.
Marilyn Tiefenbrun
Missouri Baptist Children's Home

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and family, my heart grieves at the interruption in your lives this news brings. You have many friends in CBF life who are praying for you. Please know that I join the thousands of prayers being said on your behalf. May the peace of Christ be yours. Connie McNeill

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

I'm struck by our last conversation, standing outside the Blue Springs Post Office. It is never just small talk with you and Jennifer. It's always rich and interesting! I pray for you in these days that you will have lots of rich conversation and moments together! May you know that you are firmly held by His grace.

In my prayers,
Kim Newell

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, the Lord is hearing your name being lifted up here at SBU, at First Baptist Springfield (my current music interim), and anywhere else the Whisler family resides. We are also remembering the rest of your immediate family, and especially Stinson as he learns of your situation this week.
We love you guys so much.

Steve and Barbara

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Wayne,
I find it difficult to express the emotions of my heart as I read Jennifer's e-mail. Just today - as I was cleaning my kitchen (I know you would be proud of me:)!!)-I looked at the boy's picture from Christmas on my refrig. and thought of each of you and prayed for your family. I now know God placed that prayer in my heart. How Billy Ray and I love each of you! May our God of all comfort fill you with His peace. You know our prayers will continue.
Love to you, Jennifer and the boys.
Delores Burkett

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,
Thanks for being such a great model to myself and your boys over the years. Your grace and wisdom is present in all of the boys that you and Jennifer have raised. I appreciate all your kind words and knowing that you would have been there for me if I were in the same situation, for I am here for you. I will continue to pray for all of your family and know that God has a plan for you. Thanks for all you have done for others over the years, good luck and God bless you.
Matt Velaer and family.

10/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Wayne, this communique comes to you from Newnan, Georgia. We are lifting you and Jennifer and the boys to the Lord for the continued basking of His blessings/ the pouring of His love/ the anointing of His healing to continue to surround you. Amen and amen

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dubya,
I have hesitated in writing because I didn't know what to say. I would call, but I wouldn't be recognized with all the crying I seem to do. My heart is saddened by the news we recieved earlier this week. Please know that our family has been praying together for you and your family.

Thank you for this blog that keeps us updated and reminds us of all the great relationships you have built!

Dulce Stevens

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dean Family,
It has been many years since you were here in Marietta. I have thought of you often and have heard news from the Burketts.
I sit at my desk with tears because of the beautiful words Jennifer wrote. I am just stunned and really don't know what to say. I love you and please know that I will be praying for God's will to be done. Thanks for your words and your spirit. In Christ, Lamar Hayes

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and Jennifer,
Receiving this awful news took me back 14 years to the moment when a doctor stood in a hallway following surgery on my wife to let me know that the cancer was pervasive and the prognosis terminal. As you have so well expressed, it is ONLY our faith that carries us through such experiences. It is ONLY by the grace of a loving God that any of us carry on through such storms. The single verse that I clung to through the months leading to her death and the years following is Jeremiah 29:11. "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope." I held to that promise through the darkest days and the deepest valleys and lived to see God's grace on the other side. But my experience of grace in the circumstance is only a faint shadow of what Nancy knows. May you daily feel the embracing arms of a loving God. He will not forsake you.

Bob Perry

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and Jennifer,

I was so moved by your last message and praise God for your attitude in this.

Needless to say that I was shocked (for want of a better term) to learn of Wayne's illness.

Wayne, I love you and want you to know that I am praying for you, Jennifer and the boys. Nodell

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Jennifer,

You have not a clue who I am - only one of the many people you have met before as you visit churches and and proclaim the message that God lays at your feet and heart. You were at First Baptist Newnan, Ga., two years ago and now I am in a Bible Study of yours, "The Blood of Christ". It is literally changing my life and I share with you only because should you be having any doubts as to your effectiveness in this area, please know how much God has used you to clear up so many questions and thoughts that have abounded in my heart and mind for many years.

I want you to know how saddened I was to hear of your husbands illness and to assure you and him that here is one in the corner of my world who will be geniunely offering my words of petition and appreciation for your whole family. The words I have just read that you wrote updating his condition is such an example of the grace and peace
God is offering and supporting you with. I know He will honor your faithfulness and provide every need that the family has. Since it is His blood that flows through both of your veins, there is nothing you can't endure.

Thank you for updating us!

Karen Stone, FBC, Newnan, Ga.

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was said of my mother, "In living she showed us how to live, in dying she showed us how to die." Those are my thoughts as I read your vulnerable and heart wrenching journey. J., you led a prayer conference in Minden, LA, several years ago. Lives are still being changed by your teaching. Thank you for living your faith. We love you very much.
Our prayer ministry will blanket you with God's provision and grace.
Roberta Kitchens

10/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Wayne, and boys,
Our entire family is so grieved to hear this news. We know that God is sufficient to meet all our needs. We love you and pray that God's GRACE and MERCY will be given abundantly. We will ask God, who hears and answers his children, to be your comfort, your strength, your healer, and your encourager at this time. Our love, Jim and Lana Jenkins and the entire Stone family

10/22/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne
Thank you for your postings and for being vulnerable in sharing your need. I was very blessed by Dr. Park's compassion and humility with this situation. As a nurse, I have had the priviledge of praying with others before their surgeries. Jesus does shepherd us through those frail moments.
I work in Missouri, where the only Tomo therapy machine exists for our state. The neuro surgeons love this as a tool-post op to give very specific radiologic treatments.
I received your blog from another Moms In Touch mom. Dawn

10/22/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer and Boys,
Know you are in our prayers and more importantly you all are in the hands of a gracious and loving Heavenly Father.

I remember with fondness the times you and I had lunch in Waverly and in KC.
Steve, Sherrie, Jonathan and Claire Mills

10/23/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer and sons,
As evidenced by the many comments, you have a mighty fortress of prayer warriors and I will add my prayers and those of our prayer group at my church, FUMC in Loveland, CO to that list that will be asking God to grant you all His love, compassion, peace and mercy through this time of cherished moments to hold dear forever. This news tugged at my heart as it brought back with clarity, news of terminal cancer for my husband 8+ years ago. Thankyou for so graciously sharing this with others so we can stand beside you each step of the way with God and Jesus Christ as our leader, mentor and rock of strength. Psalm 139 states so well the emotions that carry us through difficult times. In God's love and peace.
Helen Grandbouche
Stephanie Foster's grandmother.

10/23/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne

Do Good today


Still praying

Chuck

PS How were the four sisters!!!!!

10/24/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

short note. will keep you in our prayers, even if they are catholic just kiddng. the brantleys in montgomery

10/24/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. we love you aganxoxoxoxoxxoyaya sisters

10/24/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Mom's in touch conference when you shared about your husband. My family and I along with my church family have been praying and believing God for Wayne's complete healing. May God bless you indeed Psalms 118 Be encouraged, we're all praying for you.

10/24/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne, Jennifer, your sons and your entire family,
Please know that we continually are directing our thoughts of you to God. And also know how very much you bolster our faith as you share your relationship with God and others. God's continued blessings as you face these difficult days.
Love, Janice & O.V.

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne and Jennifer, I have said it was your story about your courtship, wooing and winning Jennifer that caught my attention. I still remember it because your sense of humor so reminded me of my husband. From there, as I begin to know you and Jennifer, it was your faith, seeing you live what you believe was what kept my attention. You both have been and continue to be an inspiriation and blessing to me. I love you both and will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. F.J.

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was talking with my brother and I memtioned how lovely a relationship Wayne and his sons seemed to have. My brother said "Wayne loved to be a daddy and a family man." The "product" bears evidence of his exemplary fathering. Little family, Dale and I treasure you in these days. Love, Marye Holley

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend told me about your struggles. You are in our prayers. I used to be hospice nurse. Many people with cancer have found relief from pain and swelling from Xango. www.nursemangosteen.com www.mangosteenexperiences.com Continue to focus on the Lord in this difficult time and allow your brothers and sisters in Christ to come along side to to help carry the burden. Lord, I pray for this family, that you would surround them with your arms of love and strength during this trial.

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,
I was up early praying for you and Jennie and the boys on your surgery day. How fortunate you are to have such a large and extended family, going before the Lord on your behalf. I was so hoping for a different outcome on your surgery; I was hoping to get the word that Dr. Park could get all the cancer out. I, of course, don't have the whole picture. Only God does. And I have faith that even in this time of terrible trial, He will be glorified. I am so thankful I had the time at Thanksgiving last year, to get to know you a little better. The thing that struck me so strongly was that you were so interested in Jordan and all his activities, but then I have learned, that is your way. Your Anchorage family will continue to pray for your recovery from surgery and will pray for Jennie and the boys as they try to come to terms with what the future holds for them.
Much love,
Betsy (Holley), Dan, Jordan Shilling

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer, & 3 Sons:

Know that Nancy and I continue in prayer for you. We had a great experience with Wayne's friends from Puerto Rico Sunday evening (California concert) and again Tuesday (lunch at El Jhimador). They send their love and prayers.

Your testimony of God's peace is powerful and His peace is passed on to all who come near to you and observe how you are letting Him work in your lives every minute of each day.

The experience you are having is allowing you to know Christ in new and deeper ways. His power will sustain you. May His presence more than over come any doubt, pain, or discouragement that would arise.

I love you my friends.

10/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Wayne. I hope you had a good night and you will be home soon with your family. After talking with your sister, Betty, this morning and reading Jennie's comments on the webpage, I was comforted myself to know that you have peace over whatever The Lord decides to do. John 14:27 says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." God has reaffirmed this by granting you that needed peace. Love and blessings from your friends, Billy & Susan Loftin

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennie,
I have never "blogged" before and hope this makes it. Regardless, I know my prayers do. Thank you for your spiritual influence in my life; your impact is eternal. I knew you and Wayne would be at peace and wrapped in God's comfort and grace. Our prayers as a family, and as a church, are with you. May you continue to grow deeper and fuller in God's love and grace through it all. I look forward to your updates.

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the beginning of a new day.
I was given this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or use it for good.
What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever.
Leaving something in its place I have traded for it.
I want it to be a gain, not loss—good not evil.
Success not failure, in order that I shall not forget the price that I paid for it.
This is sent to all the Dean's as it is the very expression of their lifes and I appreciate them being in my life. Give Wayne my love and know that you are in my prayers. Bill Althaus could not have said better what everyone whose life Wayne has touched knows. Jim Bauch

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeni,
Please Call me..asap.
In Christ,
(Moms In Touch Mom)
Julie Miller
524-8361

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, I just read an article in the Blue Springs Examier wrote by Bill Althaus. It really touched my heart. I don't know you but know of your son; Dean being on the Blue Springs football team awhile back. I just want you and your family to know that I will be praying for you all. Peace be with you and may God bless you always. Peggy

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne-
Many prayers are being lifted on your behalf. We just wanted you to know that. Your boys and our boys, Caleb and Nathaniel Ebel, were friends in RADD and through Football. What a wonderful influence you've been on your wonderful family. Through this experience, all will continue to see Jesus in you.
Be Blessed Today, David & Mel Ebel

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We enjoyed our times with Kennedy and yourself during baseball and appreciate you and Jennifer opening up your home to Myral. Sheryl and I would like to come by and visit as soon as you are home.

Myral, Sheryl,Myral II, Michelle Watson

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Wayne,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We just want you to know how much your kind influence has made. Billy has your note that you sent him his senior year glued in his football scrapbook. You sent him such kind and encouraging words. He appreciated them so much...as did Bill and I. You always let the boys know how much you cared for them. What a gift! Thank you. Please know that you and your family are loved by so many.
With love from, Bill and Kyle Beyer

10/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer and boys,

The Whitworth family has you all in our prayers. Wayne has been such a fine example in our community and for our children. We all keep tabs on Stinson and wish him the best up at Wyoming as well. God bless all of you in your hour of need. Your faith in God and courage are an inspiration to all. Matt Whitworth

10/27/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, it was such a pleasure and surprise seeing you outside of the Olive Garden restaurant in Independence a few weeks back! I am glad I got to talk with you and thanks for the encouragement about my almost 17 year old Adam and his "growing up".

Know that Joe and my prayers are being lifted up as you read this. "Thank you Father for peace, Your Peace that you give to us. Continue to draw close to this family as they walk through this season of life. As you tell us in Isaiah 43:1a-3b, Fear Not... for you are with us when we go through trials and Father I praise you for that!"

Gayla & Joe Engelman

10/27/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

On behalf of Vision Sports, we want to tell you how much we enjoyed watching Stinson play and having the honor to broadcast many of his games. He always handled himself admirably and that is a definite reflection of a great family.

We know that you have always been a great supporter of our radio broadcasts of the Cats and Jags, and we want to make sure to tune in the final two weeks.

With both teams suffering heartbreaking losses last week we need both teams to win this week to keep the Blue Springs district streak a going.

Keep your spirits up and battle this thing like I know you can and will. The "fight in the dog" you gave your son was evident in one of the greatest drives in high school football when Stinson led the Cats in the closing moments at Oak Park.

We are with you all the way. We will see you on the radio on Friday Night.

Thanks again for listening!

Tony Wrisinger
Vice President-Vision Sports

10/27/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Dean and family,

I know your son Brantley as he is in my cohort at Baylor. I have had the pleasure of learning so much from him in the last year as he is noticeably one of the best and brightest at Baylor. We will, as his Baylor family, do our best to listen to him, be with him, and pray with him. I pray that you are able to find peace and strength right now through God, your family, and friends. I continue to pray for you and your family.

10/28/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dean Family,
My family is blessed to know your sisters Alma & Betty so we pray for you often. As my own father battles colon cancer, I know I gain so much as I read your blog and apply it's lessons to our ordeal. Even though we have never met personally, I've ALWAYS felt the love your sisters have for you and your family as they speak of your annual trips together. I continue to feel how special and blessed with family & friends you are. You are truly rich. Our continued prayers are with you all.
God bless you.
Debra Morgan & Family
Monroeville, AL

10/28/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer and boys ...

Wayne you are a true friend. I learned just a few days ago and tried to call the house earlier this week before leaving for Toronto. I have had a few days to now reflect on all the wonderful conversations we have had through the years. I recalled the very first conversation I had with you probably 12 years ago when you all were new in town and looking for a baseball team. You called me while I was traveling in St. Louis and talked my ear off, go figure. That began a wonderful relationship with you and your family both through sports and church. I remeber you riding with me to Oklahoma and the conversations we had. I remember all your help the next few years doing the little things behind the scene to help me out. We have been through so many good times and some not so good times together. Yet through everything I have seen your faith, love and commitment to God and family remain solid. I have learned from you through your examples and I cherish our friendship and look forward to sitting down with you. All of the Wilsons send you and your family our love and prayers.

Kenny

10/29/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Dean and family,
Your son Brantley is a friend of mine from Baylor. I get to hear his wit and wisdom a few times a week in class. From what I have gathered, much of his character and moral convictions come from you, his father. I cannot express to you how beautiful it is for me to see what a healthy, Christian relationship between a father and son looks like. It is a regular prayer of mine that I would have that sort of relationship with a son if I am blessed with one. Please know that your life has served as an example for me. My prayers are with you and your family through this difficult time.

10/29/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Wayne,
Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I was so shock to hear the news. I am so thankful that you are a child of God's. What a blessing you and your family have been to others. In christian love and friendship. Josephine W. Austin ( Class of '62 )

10/31/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear wayne

i was looking in our 1962 year book and i read what you wrote that we would always keep in touch over the years and we have done just that.

our prayers are for you and your family. it was a joy to have seen you this past spring and may GOD be with you always.

bob burns

10/31/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and family,
Again this early southern morning we settle by the fire to be taught by our Lord. We think and pray for you and ask Him to continue to provide more than you need or could even ask for.
Jan and Ernest Taylor
Newnan, Georgia

11/02/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home