Surgery Details
Thank you for your comments. Please know that we read each one to Wayne and he takes comfort and pleasure in each. Let me remind you to be sure you put your last name. Thanks!
Surgery will be October 24 at 7:45 am at Independence Regional Hospital. Our surgeon's name is Dr. Park. Please pray specifically for Dr Park and for the surgical staff, whom we know will be hand-picked by God. Dr Park is a believer who prayed with us in his office after giving us the difficult news of Wayne's condition. We know that God is supervising and has already personally assigned each medical professional to our case.
Our three sons are all doing fine. Right now, as I write this, I am in Laramie, WY where our youngest son, Stinson, is in school. I flew out here to tell him in person and to stay with him a couple of days. Our older sons, Brantley and Kennedy, were at home the day we got the news because of a long-planned 80th birthday party for my dad. God began long ago to coordinate schedules that we did not even know would need to be coordinated.
I will post as soon as possible after surgery to tell you what we learned.
Surgery will be October 24 at 7:45 am at Independence Regional Hospital. Our surgeon's name is Dr. Park. Please pray specifically for Dr Park and for the surgical staff, whom we know will be hand-picked by God. Dr Park is a believer who prayed with us in his office after giving us the difficult news of Wayne's condition. We know that God is supervising and has already personally assigned each medical professional to our case.
Our three sons are all doing fine. Right now, as I write this, I am in Laramie, WY where our youngest son, Stinson, is in school. I flew out here to tell him in person and to stay with him a couple of days. Our older sons, Brantley and Kennedy, were at home the day we got the news because of a long-planned 80th birthday party for my dad. God began long ago to coordinate schedules that we did not even know would need to be coordinated.
I will post as soon as possible after surgery to tell you what we learned.


14 Comments:
Wayne and Family,
Thank you for updating this site and keeping us informed. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts often. Today, I received a postcard from Heifer International and of course, I thought of you, Wayne. I know that is a very wonderful organization, but it always makes me laugh to think about you and Heifer International. Much love to you all.
Adele LoGaglio
Dearest Jennifer~
We are praying for you and Wayne, the boys and all of your loved ones and friends, the doctors, etc.
Thank you for sharing the need with us so that we may share the "burden and thus fulfill the law of Christ." We love you and your ministry and ache with you for the pain each are experiencing, But we rejoice for the Manifest Presence of the Lord which is with you!
"It is God's will not only to hear our prayer, but to give us the best and the richest answer which He, the almighty and omniscient God, can devise. He will send us the answer when it will benefit us and His cause the most." O. Hallesby
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Love and prayers <><
Jonnie & Don Porter
p.s. Your request has been sent to hundreds from here in Newnan, GA.
Hey Wayne,
I haven't talked to you in quite a long time. I just got the news yesterday about everything, and I just want you to know that we (me, danny, and james) prayed for you and continue to pray for you. I will be coming home the next couple of weekends, so I hope to be seeing you soon. I hope your surgery goes well.
Ben Malick
Wayne-
I just heard yesterday about everything and it was kind of overwhelming. I am sorry that this happening and I am sure that you know that if this is God's will then it is the right thing. As Christian's we know that we have an ever greater place coming for us. I still remember the night at your house when there were a bunch of us on top of "the wildcat truck" chanting "Truck, Truck, Truck..." and you came outside on the porch telling us to be quiet in your underwear. I can still get that visual in my head and laugh out loud. You are an amazing man and have changed all of Stinson's friends lives with your personality and outgoing attitude. We will continue to pray for you and your family that God will have his will in this situation. I'm sure i will see you next weekend when Stinson is home. Have a good weekend.
Danny Malone
Hey Wayne. I was so sad to hear the news of your illness. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that many, many of us stand with you through this valley.
You were such a good friend in my latter days at Central and I hope that we can keep that friendship up. I will be glad to help out any way possible.
Grace, Bill Prather
Dear Wayne and Jennifer,
Please know that you and your family will be in our prayers. We will pray also for the medical staff/doctors. May God bless you with His perfect peace, the awareness of His presence and reassurance of His love. "For I Am The Lord your God, who churns up the seas so that its waves roar The Lord Almighty is His name...I have covered you with the shadow of my hand - I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth,... says "you are my people" Is 51 15-16
Thank you for the priviledge to go to our God in prayer with you.
Terry and Pam Towles
Wayne, Jennifer, & Guys,
What a blessing I, along with a number of women, have received from "He Restores My Soul". Now it's my time to give back to you, asking the Restorer to comfort you with His presence, uphold you with His love, and encourage you with the prayers of His people. We love you.
Wayne, Jennifer, & Guys,
What a blessing I, along with a number of women, have received from "He Restores My Soul". Now it's my time to give back to you, asking the Restorer to comfort you with His presence, uphold you with His love, and encourage you with the prayers of His people. We love you.
Allen & Brenda Hewins
Jennifer & family,
My emotions are many right now, but I am inspired by your focus on God and His mighty hand in this situation. What a wonderful God He is! We will be in continuous prayer for your family and for the medical staff that the Lord has in place.
I will inform my church this morning and request prayer there- we have awesome praying people there. I am priveleged to be a part of lifting you all up in the Lord.
With love,
Kim Pierce & family
Uncle Wayne, Aunt Jenny, Stinson, Brantley and Kennedy--
I just wanted to write to tell you all that I am thinking about all of you and love you all so so much. You all are in my thoughts and prayers and I know God will touch you all with his amazing, steadfast grace and love. I love you all.
-Elizabeth Grace
Ok I got you on my comuter and will be checking reguarly. God bless and Im praying. This is Richard kruger. By the way my email is rwk51kwr@gmail.com
We are all praying hard right now, as you go into surgery. You are in God's hands, and you are precious in His sight. May His mighty grace and peace envelop you, and comfort your family right now.
Brian Grandbouche (Stephanie's uncle)
Uncle Wayne and Jenny,
I am praying for you. May our God who created the heavens and the earth, our God is all- powerful, our God who is so gentle as to knit us in our mother's womb, our God who knows of every hair on our head, direct the hands of the surgeons. May our God provide healing and comfort to you and to your family.
Love,your great nephew,
Russell Chumley
Dear Dean Family,
My heart goes out to you all as the Lord works out His good and perfect will in your lives. I know you only through Joni & her family here in Colorado and from your books. Know even in this God is using you to help refine my own life and I pray for Gods peace that passes all understanding as you walk forward in the promises of God.
Gods Will Be Done
Kathy Dokter
Post a Comment
<< Home