Surgery Results
Wayne's surgery today went smoothly with no complications. The surgeon found basically what he had expected to find. The mass had grown "alarmingly" since the CT Scan 10 days ago. He said that we knew the picture was ugly, but it was even uglier than he suspected. Treatment will be for providing quality of life.
Wayne will be in ICU until tomorrow morning, and will be in the hospital about three days.
I wish that I could describe to you what we are experiencing. At the first revelation of the shocking diagnosis, a blanket of peace descended on us and it does not go away. Today as I sat by Wayne's bed in the ICU, he talked about when we first met, when our children were born, Christmases when the boys were little... happy memories. As we talked and laughed and cried, the nurse came in and asked him how he was. She meant, does he have a headache? Is he in pain? Wayne's thoughts were in a different realm. His answer was, "I'm at peace."
We are at peace. Know that. Your prayers are producing a healing balm for us that fills our hearts every moment. Don't stop praying for us. We are depending on it.
Wayne will be in ICU until tomorrow morning, and will be in the hospital about three days.
I wish that I could describe to you what we are experiencing. At the first revelation of the shocking diagnosis, a blanket of peace descended on us and it does not go away. Today as I sat by Wayne's bed in the ICU, he talked about when we first met, when our children were born, Christmases when the boys were little... happy memories. As we talked and laughed and cried, the nurse came in and asked him how he was. She meant, does he have a headache? Is he in pain? Wayne's thoughts were in a different realm. His answer was, "I'm at peace."
We are at peace. Know that. Your prayers are producing a healing balm for us that fills our hearts every moment. Don't stop praying for us. We are depending on it.


21 Comments:
Richard Kruger says- I said to Ruth last nite wouldnt be funny if indeed when the Dr. opened Waynes head up there would be nothing there. But can see God has other plans and we believe he is still in control. He is taking you on a fabulous journey and in some ways I envy you. We are in an attitude of victory and praise as you take this journey. We love you.
I am so glad to hear that surgery went well. I can see God's hand in the whole situation. I will continue to hold you all up in my prayers. You are in my thoughts often. Your son is such a blessing to me and I thank you for sharing him with me. You have a wonderful family. I hope the recovery goes well! ~Stephanie Foster
My thoughts are those from Paul (Brenda's paraphrase)..."You are a letter known and read by all men...you are a letter of Christ." What a blessing you are to us. We'll continue to lift you up.
Allen & Brenda H.
Dear Dean Family, I will continue to pray for you. Your faith is so beautiful to see. I have been able to share your story with many people. God is using this for His Glory. Thanks for being so open and honest.
We love you, Lamar Hayes
Wayne, how I would love to be there and tell you personally how much our friendship has meant over the years. Memories are so precious and you and Jennifer are both so very special! How I've admired your commitment to God's calling -- one you have shared beautifully!! As I've heard and read about the boys and what they are doing, it is even more obvious that you have given them an example of following Christ that has been emulated. What a legacy! I thank God that He has given me the opportunity to call you friend.
My prayers continue as there is hardly an hour that passes that you do not come to mind.
Lovingly,
Delores
Jennifer and Wayne - our hearts and prayers are with you. So many times we would choose another plan IF we were given a choice; but God's plan is perfect and from the beginning of time. As you've told me so many times, "Do you think God is surprised?" My answer always has to be no....He already knew we would face whatever is in front of us. I do belive that the signs of the times would lead me to tell you that if Wayne's healing is made perfect in Heaven, then Wayne isn't going to have to wait inside the Eastern Gate for you for very long - you'll be right behind him as will his boys be. We will always pray for healing so that we don't have to lose Wayne but we will also always submit to the perfect will of God in all things as will you and Wayne. Our love to all the Dean family.......Jeanne & Dale Parrott
Wayne and Jennifer--We are glad the surgery went well. Know that CBF of Missouri will be lifting you up in prayer as we gather for our annual fall get-together today at noon. It is at University Heights in Springfield. Wayne, your friendship has been a blessing to us at CBFMO and our continued heart-felt prayer will be for comfort and peace. Rest and enjoy fellowship with family and friends.
In His love,
Ellen Gregory, CBFMO
Wayne, I wish I were right there with you and Jeni and Kennedy. It's hard to be away from you right now but I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. I have loved sharing with my friends and co-workers about the amazing peace all of us are feeling in this difficult time. What a testimony to God's grace and mercy. I love you and thank God for bringing you into Jeni's life and our lives all those years ago. I remember when Jeni called me and told me about this "very handsome man" she had met. I don't know if Jeni ever told you but before she really got to know you she thought you had been married before and she speculated that you had been widowed. I know that sounds silly but Jeni and I were always sort of filling in the blanks before we had all the facts back then. Jeni managed to outgrow that tendency. As you know, I never have. I love you. See you soon. Pris
Joann says-Wayne,what an honor to get to know your precious sisters...they reminded me of my siblings and how we sort of resemble a litter of puppies at times. Alike and yet different and tied together with an unspoken bond. Actually, your sisters had some "spoken bonds" and told pretty hilarious stories about you. We filled up the time together while you were busy yesterday morning. I loved sharing with JKD,Audrey and Lou and other friends. What a fan club we are finding out that you have. We see your Heavenly Father as the President of it, and are grateful that He loves you even more than we do. Hard to believe, but awesome!
Prayers and blessings.
Your faith and attitude are AWESOME and inspiring! You and your family are constantly on my mind, in my heart, and in my prayers. My family will do whatever it takes to visit you all soon! Love you all!
Alice, Mike, Allie, Jeremy, and Julia Pierson
Richard Kruger says- Jennifer, please send me your personal address. I want to be in touch with you other thanthis blog. Thanks. rwk51kwr@gmail.com
So thankful the surgery went well. Aren't we glad that it is God who is in control and we can just rest in His presence. Our church is remembering you all in prayer.
Jennifer will be at our church on November 4-5. Please know Wayne that we will take good care of her while she is with us.
Jennifer& Wayne, My heart goes out to you at this time God is streching you in your faith ,magify Christ in your life,and giving to you the peace that can only come from the Blood of Jesus. I am so glad to know that you have been given peace in this time ,that you have these special moments to talk,and just feel the presence of the Lord all around you. For we know that what ever we have to face we are never alone for the spirit of God dwells inside us and when it may seem more than we can bear, Christ reaches out takes all our pain covers them with his love . I have enjoyed your Bible Studies & right now I have your new book Fueled by Faith this book is awesome,I am looking forward to seeing you and learing more about what the spirit of God has to say through you. Praying for your family and for your ministry, and as I just finish your study on He Restores My Soul. You talk about jars of clay represents human beings and you said any reference to oil depicts the Holy Spirit . Now that brings tears to my eyes ,the love of my Savior goes beyond words. Grace of our God be with you and give you joy . p.w. c.
Wayne and Jennifer,
I'm thankful that we have reconnected as cousins during the past year. My heart breaks for you as you enter this phase of life, but at the same time, I rejoice at the faith you exhibit. May His peace that passes all understanding surround you at all times. With love, Mary Lou Dabbs
Dear Jennifer:
Please know that our prayers are with you...our Heavenly Father is in control of all things...may your life continue to be fueled by your faith...blessing on you and Wayne, Dale and Jena Forehand
Dean Family,
Your needs that only our heavenly Father knows have been deep in my heart. Your testimonies are overwhelming in the midst of the deep valley. May your love for your Abba Father sustain you. Love, Shelly Vaughn, MBF
From the Zach Cunningham's- Being around youth sports as coaches and parents gives us all the opportunity to see the souls of people...both good and bad. Sports teaches us how to handle winning with grace and how to test our character in the face of adversity. Most of us have work to do. But on the rarest of occasions we come across the person who can teach us all how to really enjoy the game.
Wayne, you are that person for me and my wife Michele. You are a guiding light and we have taken much of what you taught us in Blue Springs to our new home here in Texas. Thank you for your kindness of spirit and your genuine concern in our time of need. You are always remembered and will be in our prayers and thoughts.
Wayne and family, I just wanted to let you know I just heard today about what was going on and I want you to know that my heart and prayers are with you and I know God is there for you. Wayne, I just the other day found the last e-mail you sent me before I left the Foundation, the Dean family offering me any support that I might need in the future. Wayne and Jennifer, I now offer that to you. If there is anything I can do for you, please be sure to let me know.
Wayne, Please remember, my prayers are with you and your family. I look back and see God had placed me with the Foundation because I was to go through a trying time and the support that was there for me from you and all the others there was like none other. I know they give that same love and support to you. It is a family that can touch the heart so deeply.
God be with you,
Sandy Nibbelink
Dear Jennifer and Wayne,
Jenel Moline called Monday while on the road because she heard about Wayne's surgery from Delores Burkett. Know that we are shocked with you in the flesh and grateful for the time to process in God's love as well. Thank you for your present thoughts of this experience.
I am in one of your bible studies (finally) now with my church (Hillcrest Covenant)and we meet tomorrow night. We will be praying for each one of you then as well as Stonecroft praying for you today and in the next weeks.
I was so thrilled to have met Wayne when ya'll were at Deerbrook months ago. It's always a special treat to meet the important men behind the women. Know that you are loved and in our prayers as well with all of heaven.
Love to you,
Linda Parmer
Stonecroft Ministries
Wayne and Jennifer,
I'm so glad I got to spend time with y'all a couple of weeks ago, and hope I can find some time to come visit again soon. Maybe this time without a broken U-HAUL, haha.
Wayne, you saved mine and Kennedy's life by not letting us drive the sparking truck back. Thanks again!
I am praying for you guys.
At the last minute, I made the decision to come to hear Jennifer at Country & Town Baptist (Mechanicsburg, PA) last Friday and Saturday. One of my best friends is struggling with liver cancer, and I decided to attend because I didn't want her to go alone. I loved Jennifer's messages but was shocked to hear about Wayne. One of our three sons (35, a pastor) had emergency surgery last month that unexpectedly showed cancer, and I had thyroid cancer last year; some days it seems to surround us, but somehow we always think that nationally-known speakers are immune to these things. A song that was sung twice that weekend -- "Refiner's Fire" -- really spoke to my friend and myself and gave her new courage to undergo RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) again if necessary. Jennifer, your ability to speak God's heart, even if on "automatic pilot," showed that you are a true woman of God! I'm so glad I made the right last-minute decision to meet you, and I hope to be involved in PrayerForce in this area! We will pray for you and your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home