News
The pneumonia is caused by aspirating bodily "stuff" while in his near-comatose state yesterday. Probably.
He is more responsive than he was yesterday, but is much less responsive than he has been at any point before yesterday. Unless things take a drastic upward swing, radiation and chemo are not possible. Tomorrow I will arrange for hospice. This will eliminate any more ambulance trips and, hopefully, any more trips to the hospital at all. He hates it there very much and is miserable every minute. He begs to go home, and forgets that we just told him he has to stay a little longer. We have to replay the difficult scene over and over. With hospice, we will have the help and the expertise that we need here at home. This will make it a much more peaceful experience for him and for us.
Hope this post is intelligible. I'm "a mess," as my southern friends would say. I will go to bed early tonight and be a new person in the morning.
He is more responsive than he was yesterday, but is much less responsive than he has been at any point before yesterday. Unless things take a drastic upward swing, radiation and chemo are not possible. Tomorrow I will arrange for hospice. This will eliminate any more ambulance trips and, hopefully, any more trips to the hospital at all. He hates it there very much and is miserable every minute. He begs to go home, and forgets that we just told him he has to stay a little longer. We have to replay the difficult scene over and over. With hospice, we will have the help and the expertise that we need here at home. This will make it a much more peaceful experience for him and for us.
Hope this post is intelligible. I'm "a mess," as my southern friends would say. I will go to bed early tonight and be a new person in the morning.


4 Comments:
Dearest Jennifer,
I hope a full night's sleep was available for you, giving you an extra dose of strength and peace. I know it must be difficult to be making so many tough decisions without Wayne's careful input. But know that you are not alone in making decisions. You and your family are being held up by countless fellow followers of Jesus who are constantly at the throne as Our High Priest intercedes on your behalf. Be well rested my friend. His strength is sufficient.
Jenn James
Dean Family
I'm so sorry to hear that Wayne has taken a turn. I'm happy though that he was able to spend Thanksgiving, the day after, with you so your family was together for the holiday. The Terry Family continues to pray for your comfort.
Dear Jennifer, You don't know me, but I have gotten to know you well each morning as you have discipled me through your study "Live a Praying Life." It has helped me make a giant leap forward in my praying life. Your teachings on the sovereignty of God especially have strengthened my faith exponentially. May the majesty of His sovereignty and love surround you like water during this time. I am half way through the study. Please know that I will pray for you as my teacher each day. "And let the one who is taught the word share all good things with him who teaches." Galatians 6:6 Keep trusting Him.
Jennifer and sons, I have just found out by reading your newsletter. Bless all of you! God is who He says He is! May peace and strength fall over you from His throne room.
Post a Comment
<< Home