Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving Day the Day After

Yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, we brought Wayne home about 1:00 pm. But, though his body was in the house, his mind was not present with us. He continued his hallucinations, and then slept deeply most of the day. I admit, when I laid out our lovely and delicious TG meal and said to the boys, "Dinner is ready," I dissolved into tears in the middle of our kitchen. There we were and there he was, but we might as well have been separated by many miles.

BUT TODAY... he woke up this morning slightly disoriented, but then became clearer and more oriented. We were about to light a fire in our fireplace and he began to give us a list of instructions and cautions. Brantley said, "He's back!" And, for the most part, he is back. Slight confusion about small things, but Wayne is almost Wayne again.

AND... he thinks today is Thanksgiving Day. Yesterday does not exist for him. So, today we are having the TG we didn't have yesterday. And thanks to the families who cooked our wonderful meal, we have plenty of food for TG #2!!

We will decorate the Christmas tree today and do all the things I thought we would do yesterday.

He is not mobile right now. We have a new contraption-- a hydraulic sling-- that we can use to move him more easily from place to place. (Thanks for the heads up, Jane Currin!) I still think that when physical therapy starts again he will regain his mobility. He was this bad when we brought him home last time and he progressed, so I think he will again.

So, Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer,Brantley, Kennedy & Stinson, May I say Thanksgiving # 2, is just as great and blessed and wonderful as TG # 1 !!!!!!! love forever and always xoxoxoxoxox sister faye and aunt and uncle

11/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are following your updates. Thanks for keeping us so informed. I know it is very difficult to take the time to communicate your thoughts, feelings, disappointments, reflections, and all the other information you share. Thanks for that effort. We continue to pray for all of you. It is hard to understand why all these things have to happen, but we have to trust that God's perfect plan is what is best for us...even if we don't understand it all now. May God give each of you strength and courage in just the right portions, at just the right moment of each day. Our love and prayer,
Lana & Jim Jenkins and the Stones

11/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Wayne & Boys,

Jacque and I join the numerous others who have expressed their thanks for keeping us so well informed of Wayne's status as well as his loving family's ordeals of passing through the highs and lows that come your way. It's wonderful to hear that you all got a second opportunity to enjoy a very special Thanksgiving together today.

Does Wayne still enjoy football? If so, did the outcome of today's games please him. None of them were to my liking; but an additional feeling flows over me while watching these games of late...I always think of Wayne during them. That's one of the things that drew us together, our love of the game.

Hope that Christmas tree turned out great during the trimming today!

God Bless you all,

Tom Flint---"The General"

11/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jen,
I cannot say anything that you do not know -- so I've been lifting Wayne and you all, that in the power of the Name of Jesus, that God's perfect will be done in and for Wayne. Dear Heart, may you feel enveloped by His deepest love for you, feel His lifting and holding you in His loving arms. Each day uncertain of Wayne's condition, but each day so assured you are all secure in His hands, and all this is in His plan. You know you can trust Him. I know you are leaning heavily in the loving arms that are forever there.
Barb Gephart

11/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are deeply moved emotionally by these most recent reports but are motivated spiritually to join you in a commitment to the anticipation faith prompts. Our prayers continue with you and for you day by day, even at times through the hours of the day and at night. Thanks for sharing.
Our love,
O.V. & Janice

11/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that our Fatih is in our Savior and not in the circumstances... I am so thankful that our Father has surrounded you with love. Oh, I would love to give you a hard hug but I know One who is best at that so I turn to Him and ask Him to love on you and Wayne and your boys and family...that in the midst of all the heartache you will find a treasure known only to God... love faye He is Eph 3:20

11/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,
I have been reading your entries since you started the blogspot for Wayne. We met last Oct. after you shared at our Praying Life weekend at Frederick Blvd. Baptist Church in St. Joseph. I don't quite know how to express this thought, because it seems strange; but I have been very encouraged and inspired by reading your updates on your husband. Your transparency and willingness to let others watch you walk out your faith in this trail is inspirational. Sometimes when I am reading your posts I feel like an intruder, being privy to some private moments of your family. And yet, your honest reflections have fueled my faith. I wish I would have written a note of encouragement after your speaking, or after I finished The Life Changing Power in the Blood study (which was amazing)instead I find myself thanking you in the midst of your trial. As I was reading this morning in the Psalms these four verses stood out to write you. Ps. 52:8 "I trust in the loving kindness of God forever and ever." Ps. 63:8 "My soul clings to Thee; Thy right hand upholds me." Ps. 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord who daily bears our burden" Ps. 68:35 "The God of Israel Himself gives strength and power to the people." May the Lord continue to carry you. Your sister in Christ, Cindy Richardson

11/27/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home