Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Treatment Update

Still no word about when treatment will start. They still have no conclusion on the pathology of Wayne's cancer, which will determine the exact makeup of the radiation and the chemo. The oncologist's nurse reminded me again that this makes no difference on our end. The disease is as it has been described to us. The only difference it makes is on their end. They want to give him everything he needs and nothing that he does not need. So, the wait continues. We are told not to expect to hear this week.

Wayne is still mobile and pretty independent. Comparing him to 3 months ago, he has declined seriously. Comparing him to 3 weeks ago, he is a walking miracle. Perspective is everything.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,I was given this site by Lori Lane @ SRI. I am a friend of SRI and hope to meet you at the Imagine conference in March. I am from NJ. I was praying for Wayne this am and your situation and had this thought that I wanted to share with you. I have recently been introduced to RELIV vitamin and mineral supplements (www.Reliv.com)and thought that Wayne might benefit from this product. On the Web site there are testimonies from users that have been miraculous in some cases. I am sure that you are receiving many helpful suggestions and that it is mind boggeling to consider everything, but I thought that possibly it was on my heart for a reason. I suppose that it would not hurt to try it. It is a small shake drink with a non-offensive flavor and is very easy to consume. God bless and we will continue to pray. Bonnie Tecco (btecco@comcast.net)

11/16/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wayne, It was good talking to you last week. Larry and I are very intent in our prayers for you and check the blog daily for updates. God is so good; this is a win-win situation for you. Keep looking up and holding His loving hands! We love you.
Judie and Larry Hirschman

11/16/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wayne,
it was so good to see you and chat with you on monday! how refreshing it was to have an honest and rich conversation! someone asked me how the visit went and i had to reply that it was life-giving. your faith encourages my own faith! i continue to pray hope and abundance over you, jennifer, kennedy, brantley and stinson.
meagan

11/16/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne and Jennifer...
I continue to thank God for the ways you invite each of us to be a part of this journey with you, be it through this blog or in relationship with your family. Wayne, I have been in awe of the way your health has improved, both in body and in spirit! It was so wonderful to hear Brantley talk about the time he spent with you last week and the meaningful conversations and moments you all shared together. It can only be attested to a God who is bigger than our circumstances, whatever they may be. I was reminded today of a very familiar passage, which I'd offer as a prayer for you today, from Psalm 37:5-6:"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do
this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." I'm clinging to believe in our God who has been faithful in the past, is faithful today, and will continue to be faithful for your future.
-Lizzie

11/16/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

You are teaching me so much by sharing your experiences. I've been saying almost every day now for about 2 weeks that Perspective is Everything. That's so real to me right now. And you are living proof of that statement. I pray for God to continue giving you and your family eternal eyesight. We're praying for you. I love you dearly.
Jennifer Long

11/17/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

You are teaching me so much by sharing your experiences. I've been saying almost every day now for about 2 weeks that Perspective is Everything. That's so real to me right now. And you are living proof of that statement. I pray for God to continue giving you and your family eternal eyesight. We're praying for you. I love you dearly.
Jennifer Long

11/17/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home