I'm Back
I have just returned from my trip. Brantley and Wayne had such a good time together. I think Brantley will post about it soon. Brantley cared for Wayne so joyfully and, at the same time, did everything he could think of to take care of things that I would have to worry about.
The last 2 times I have had to travel, when I got back Wayne had regressed. This time, he was like a brand new person! He is able to get in and out of bed and chairs mostly by himself. He wheels around on the walker. His voice is strong. His high-function thinking has always been good, but now he is enjoying conversations more.
A friend--KC Stokes and his son Aaron-- came over Saturday and built a ramp out our back door to the patio. Now we can easily wheel Wayne outside. We can sit out on the patio. We can wheel him around the side of the house and help him into the car much more easily.
Brantley took care of all the heavy furniture moving that was awaiting me. We are doing lots of rearranging to accommodate Wayne's needs, and I thought that was what my week would look like. But, instead, Brantley had it all done. What a relief!
I'm getting spoiled.
Wayne and I have the house to ourselves today. Kennedy is still in Waco, but will be back later this week. We forgot how quiet it is when the nest is empty. We're chatting and just having a normal married-people day.
Tomorrow (Monday) we have an appointment with the neurosurgeon. I'll let you know what we find out.
The last 2 times I have had to travel, when I got back Wayne had regressed. This time, he was like a brand new person! He is able to get in and out of bed and chairs mostly by himself. He wheels around on the walker. His voice is strong. His high-function thinking has always been good, but now he is enjoying conversations more.
A friend--KC Stokes and his son Aaron-- came over Saturday and built a ramp out our back door to the patio. Now we can easily wheel Wayne outside. We can sit out on the patio. We can wheel him around the side of the house and help him into the car much more easily.
Brantley took care of all the heavy furniture moving that was awaiting me. We are doing lots of rearranging to accommodate Wayne's needs, and I thought that was what my week would look like. But, instead, Brantley had it all done. What a relief!
I'm getting spoiled.
Wayne and I have the house to ourselves today. Kennedy is still in Waco, but will be back later this week. We forgot how quiet it is when the nest is empty. We're chatting and just having a normal married-people day.
Tomorrow (Monday) we have an appointment with the neurosurgeon. I'll let you know what we find out.


12 Comments:
Jennifer Kennedy Dean, I have read every book you have ever written and have been such an admirer of yours for many years. You are the writer who has impacted my life more than any other. I met you once. I stood in one of those long lines of people waiting to shake your hand and speak to you. I wondered what I would say to someone I held in such awe. A famous writer whose work had added so much to my life. I noticed that you took time with each person and gave each one your full attention. When my time came, I said, "I'm so honored to meet you." You took both my hands and said, "I'm so honored to meet YOU." And then you asked me questions about myself as if I were the celebrity. I will never forget it. I am so honored to pray for you and maybe to return to you in some small way all that you have done for me and for so many others.
Janet Glenn
Just a quick note today after the good news about both Wayne's progress and about all the work that Brantley had done to help out. How wonderful! Nothing like good supportive family - especially our kids. Right? We will be away in Branson this week but will check back on you all on Friday. Our prayer is that you will have a good week. We love you! O.V. & Janice
Dear Wayne and Jennie: We are so happy for the lovely letter today. We are amazed at Wayne's progress and anxious to get the neurosurgeon's report tomorrow. We expect to leave about Thur of this week to attend a Mississippi relative's wedding (grandson of Ann's), then stop by Clarence's buddy's house, Warren and Martha. We expect to return home on Wednesday.
We are faithfully praying for you both and all our family and awaiting the Lord's decision. Clarence will have Deacon's Mtg again tonight and they all will pray together for him. Our church is coming together beautifully under the guidance of the Lord. It's a beautiful fall day here - I hope you have the same in Blue Springs. We love you guys. Aunt Mynatte and Uncle Red
Dear Wayne and Jennie: We are so happy for the lovely letter today. We are amazed at Wayne's progress and anxious to get the neurosurgeon's report tomorrow. We expect to leave about Thur of this week to attend a Mississippi relative's wedding (grandson of Ann's), then stop by Clarence's buddy's house, Warren and Martha. We expect to return home on Wednesday.
We are faithfully praying for you both and all our family and awaiting the Lord's decision. Clarence will have Deacon's Mtg again tonight and they all will pray together for him. Our church is coming together beautifully under the guidance of the Lord. It's a beautiful fall day here - I hope you have the same in Blue Springs. We love you guys. Aunt Mynatte and Uncle Red
Blessed be the name of the LORD! Job 1:21
Raleigh is rejoicing with you today! We are so thrilled to hear of Wayne's improvement and Brantley's tender care. Thank you Wayne and Brantley for encouraging Jennifer to make her trip to NC for PrayerForce. Almost 500 women were in attendance for our two sessions and each one of them was challenged, encouraged and touched by God through Jennifer, Fern, and Gwen. We have heard from many women over the last three days and the resounding testimony of the Lord's faithfulness is this: "it was life-changing". Why should we be surprised at your marked improvement, Wayne? You were prayed for with bold, one-accord prayer from the body of Christ. Truly, God answers prayer. We will continue to pray for all of you and ask that God's peace be with each of you. Thank you again for allowing Jennifer to touch so many lives through her walk of faith - she was a blessing to us all. The Raleigh PrayerForce Team
We are praying for you tonight
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wayne and Jennie, We are so glad you are home together and just being a married couple!!!! God bless you both and us as well. love always and forever xoxoxoxo your sis, faye
Hey Uncle Wayne and Aunt Jenny
Just wanted ya'll to know that I am thinking about ya'll everyday and am so happy about Uncle Wayne's strength. I love you both very much.
Elizabeth Grace
Uncle Wayne,
We are planning on coming to see you this weekend!!! Dan calls my kids "the circus" and they are excited to be able to meet you! Allie has printed off some of her favorite poems she has written and we will put them in the mail today! As always, you are continuously in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Alice
Cuz,
Good to talk to you on Saturday. ROLL TIDE!!
Am looking into what we talked about concerning the Iron Bowl.
You sounded like the cuz I know & love when we talked. Hope you get good news on Monday at doc. We continue to lift the whole Dean family.
Mitch
Wayne, so glad that you are home, that you have made some recent progress, and that you and BQ had such time together. I will be asking all the members of the MO Baptist Development Council to pray for you as we meet this week in St. Louis at the Children's Home. Twice today I have already passed along this blog to Linda Shipman and Sammy Allen. So many of us are praying for you and your sweet, dear family.
Last week when I sang these words written and set to music by a friend, my thoughts would often go to you: "And all of time is measured by God; each hour is held in His hand. For He knows the spans of all our days, and He guides us in the way that He has planned."
I love you in the Lord, dear brother--
Steve
Post a Comment
<< Home