Wayne is home!
YIPPEE!! HOORAY!! (Add your own exclamatory word here.) We brought Wayne home last night. The doctor decided to release him yesterday morning, but he had to wait until I got back in town about 5:30 pm. So he was like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
It took both Kennedy and Stinson and all their muscles to get him from the car into the house. We sat in our living room and talked for a couple of hours. How fun was that! Then it took a hurculean effort to get him moved and arranged in bed. Tomorrow, I will have some help coming in.
Physical therapy has helped him get better control of his left hand when he is thinking about it. He amused and amazed us with the new skill he has mastered-- touching his left ear with his left hand. :-) He amused and amazed himself as well.
Stinson will leave late this afternoon and head back to Laramie, WY. It has been just great to have him home. Brantley will arrive on Wednesday (Nov. 1) and stay about 5 days. Kennedy's presence is indespensable.
Wayne wants to dictate a post this afternoon, so check back later for a personal message from THE MAN himself.
What is it like at our house? We laugh a lot. Does that surprise you? Sometimes it surprises me. But that's the way it is. We have had a happy life and we are still having a happy life. Here is my Scripture for today:
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." (Psalm 126: 2-3)
It took both Kennedy and Stinson and all their muscles to get him from the car into the house. We sat in our living room and talked for a couple of hours. How fun was that! Then it took a hurculean effort to get him moved and arranged in bed. Tomorrow, I will have some help coming in.
Physical therapy has helped him get better control of his left hand when he is thinking about it. He amused and amazed us with the new skill he has mastered-- touching his left ear with his left hand. :-) He amused and amazed himself as well.
Stinson will leave late this afternoon and head back to Laramie, WY. It has been just great to have him home. Brantley will arrive on Wednesday (Nov. 1) and stay about 5 days. Kennedy's presence is indespensable.
Wayne wants to dictate a post this afternoon, so check back later for a personal message from THE MAN himself.
What is it like at our house? We laugh a lot. Does that surprise you? Sometimes it surprises me. But that's the way it is. We have had a happy life and we are still having a happy life. Here is my Scripture for today:
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." (Psalm 126: 2-3)


13 Comments:
'"HOT DIGET'N DOG'" He's home!!!!!! "There's no place like home", just like that girl from Kansas said many years ago. Hope you have a great day, Dan and new friend"Millie" had supper with us last night and spent the night, quite a plus for Dan, maybe this is the one!!!!!! But I say that all the time, God's blessings on you and your wonderful family this day and us as well!!!! I love you so much love forever and alwaysxoxoxo your sis faye and chuck
I am happy that Dean is home. You do not know me but I was at the women's conference that you spoke at on Saturday in Hallsville. I lost my father this summer to lung turned liver cancer and I am still wondering why. But after hearing your teachings on Saturday, I am able to start to feel more at peace with God's choice for his healing. I want to thank you for taking time away from your family to reach my heart and to help me start to heal. I send many prayers to your family and friends.
May your time be long and fruitful. again thank you
beverly
Hi Wayne and Jennifer,
I have never had the opportunity to tell you how thoughtful your act of kindness to my son Ryan has been. For you (Wayne) to call him--out of the blue--just to tell him how proud you are of him and keep up the good work in baseball was amazing. How totally unnecessary that call was, yet how precious. Taking time from your day to praise someone is that of a great and gentle spirit. It has been a pleasure.
April
Dear Brother,
So happy you are home! It was a joy to be with you, Jennie and Kennedy last week before the surgery. Four sisters loving and cooking for our baby brother for 5 days was PRICELESS! We loved every minute.
I will never,ever forget Sunday night when your many friends came over! I experienced feelings I've never had and saw wonderful things happen during this time that were awesome. Thank God for Sunday night.
I love you, Jennie, Brantley, Kennedy and Stinson. So does Glenn.
Love, Alma Grace
P.S. Don't forget to tell Jennie to warm veggie soup in microwave and not on top of the stove. Also, Glenn finally got Ala/Utah State. He had to re-order and missed part of 1st qtr. But, he said it was worth the $29.95!!!
Wayne and Jennifer,
I just want to tell you how glad I am you are home. I live just around the corner and am available anytime for anything you need. You can call me in the middle of the night for anything. I plan to visit as soon as you get settled in, and wished I could of seen Stinson while he was here. Please call me for anything. I will be in touch soon.
Susan Malick
So happy to hear Wayne is at home. I'm a firm believer that recovery happens more quickly in your own environment. Our church family is being faithful in prayers for all of you.
Love, Betsy (Holley), Dan, Jordan Shilling
I'm sure you're saying, "There's no place like home!!" We rejoice with you that you are home!!!!
Wayne, in the last few months your name has come up in the Burkett household many times. Jo Claire and Jim were trying the chose a name for their baby, who was born yesterday, a precious little boy, James Cooper Mitchell. In the process of chosing a name I shared with them that you thought I needed some grandchildren with Mississippi names. Well, Jo Claire remembered a distant cousin's name -- Shine. She really had me going and I was fearful that she might use it. Thankfully she used Billy Ray's grandfather's name, Cooper and that is what our new grandson will be called. If it had been a girl I would have had a great selection from your sisters -- were they born in MS????
We love you and think of you often. Keep laughing!!
Delores and Billy Ray
Wayne and Jennifer and family, Is there anything that you need? I live rather close and could stop at the store or sit with Wayne if you have errands. Just let me know. My schedule is flexible.
Cell 223-1427.
Sandy Woodside
YIPPEE, HOORAY, PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!! We are so glad Wayne is home and now you can be family in your own territory. We'll look forward to Wayne's own words. It's wonderful to be kept up to date on your lives. Blessings from O.V. & Janice
Hey Wayne, I'm so glad you are sitting in your own home, surrounded by love and joy. Praying for you! Blessings and peace fill your heart, Connie McNeill
Anxiously awaiting the words from Wayne. I check daily, sometimes twice, to see if there is an update from the Dean family. Our prayers continue to lift you up to our gracious loving Father. Our love to each of you - Judie & Larry Hirschman
Praise the Lord for his endless goodness. He is so faithful always to give us what we need in every situation. I can't think of better medicine for Wayne now than to be at home surrounded by loved ones. I am following your posts faithfully and anxiously await news from you Wayne. Jennifer, we at Lone Oak First Baptist Church in Paducah are praying for you constantly and anxiously awaiting our visit with you this weekend. May God continue to fill you with his peace. Jackie Stonecipher
Uncle Wayne,
I am so happy that you are home with your wonderful family surrounded by love and laughter! Through our trials and tribulations with Jeremy, I learned that so many wonderful blessings arise from pain and suffering. And how truly grateful we are for all of life's "little" blessings...like our children's smiles, hugs, or just spending time with the ones we love. As always, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Alice, Mike, Allie, Jeremy, & Julia
Post a Comment
<< Home