Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Word From Wayne

Hey, guys and gals! Wouldn't it be great if we could all live with a theologian? Jennifer has since the first day I met her answered questions about faith, helping me understand about the spiritual realm and the physical realm. Our earth suits are only for here. We will all have our heavenly suits in time.

When I first met her, I had 100,000 questions and now I'm down to only 25,000. I first met Jennifer at our church in Atlanta around Easter time in 1977. Jennifer was producing an Easter worship service at our church and I was going to help narrate it. (I was the star!) And look at me now, 26 years later. Married to such a wonderful woman and we have 3 outstanding sons-- Brantley, Kennedy, and Stinson.

The icing on the cake was marrying into the Tohtz-Kennedy family in 1979.

My sources tell me my story has traveled around the world. Thank you so much for your prayers, cards, calls, emails. As "my theologian" often says, prayer is the key to everything God wants to do in our lives. Thank you for participating with Him in my healing. I LOVE YOU GUYS...

Wayne Dean

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your son kennedy from baylor. he has always challenged me to think and not to take the easy answer. i have really admired him and how he makes others feel important. it is obvious that you have been a great influence on him and he has said such nice things about you. thank you for raising a son who influenced me to love Jesus more fully. we are all praying for you.

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful it was to hear from the "man" himself!!!!! I do understand your "suit" business, its just harder for me, but I keep on trying to accept it as you and your family have, I just want to keep you around for a long time!!!!! We too are glad you married "that" girl from "Na van dar" Mo. not spelled right of course. She is a jewel, just as you are and your wonderful sons. I know you will be glad to see Brantley tomorrow, we will e-mail our weekly "one-liner" to Stinson on Thurs. before the week-end game. Thanks for calling and thanks for being my brother and sister!!!! love always and forever faye

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, how nice to hear from "the man"!! I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Scott, Amy and I check the blog many times a day. It is such an encouragement to us. I want to express to everyone who has commented what a blessing it is to your extended family.

Jeni, you are an amazing woman. I'm so proud to claim you as my sister. I can't wait to see you this weekend.

I also want to thank all the women at Lone Oak First Baptist Church who have bent over backward to make sure that Jeni is comfortable and supported and prayed for as she prepares to bring His message. I predict an amazing time in the lives of all the women who are at LOFB this Saturday.

God bless you Wayne. You are so loved.

Pris

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pops

THIS was great to read! seriously. its a keeper. thanks for sharing with us! see you tomorrow (i'll probably be the one reading this post to you anyway, huh)

b

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne & Family,
I really don't know what I'm doing since this is a first for me (writing via a blog site). But, after I bothered Jennifer this evening with an unnecessary phone call...unnecessary since I should have checked here first...I couldn't simply read the updates without dropping my little buddy Wayne a note to let him know he, along with his precious Jennifer and the sons he talks about occassionally (yeah, right?) are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. What a tremendous testament of faith your family is to those of us who know you. Even though we have a difference of opinion as to which football team to support in the Mountain West Conference, we're brothers in Christ in all other matters.

God Bless,

Tom Flint

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne -
It sounds like you are feeling better and that is such great news. You are an inspiration. Keep up your spirits and your positive outlook. Know that we are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. The Terry Family.

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a letter to the editor in the Examiner tonight about Bill Althaus' column....found the column on line and am so saddened tonight. I have only read part of the blog and will read more. Our kids are the same age - two of my daughters graduated with two of your sons - and I used to attend the same church. I have always been impressed with Wayne's memory for a face...as plain as mine might be. I've moved away from Blue Springs - only to Old Independence, but it seems like hundreds of miles. I've lost touch with so many but am so thankful to be able to pray with and rejoice over the display of faith that you and your family have always lived...and continue to live. May God bless all of you...D.A.

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your story, and for allowing your life and the faith you have in Christ to point others to Him. i have 'met' jennifer through "Live a Praying Life" and "He Restores My Soul", and can't wait to meet her in person this weekend at Lone Oak FBC. thank you for encouraging her to come. i know that God will speak to us through her testimony, and that it will be a time of refreshing. please know that i am praying for you. your sister in Christ,
Cecilia

11/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to read a word from you, Wayne. I hope your recovery from surgery goes well. I wish for you courage and strength in this battle. Godspeed, Bill Prather

11/02/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your family! As a Baylor Grad Student, it has been a pleasure to get to know Brantley over the past year. His love for God and family has always shown brightly in his discussion and actions. This is a direct reflection of his upbringing. My family and I are praying for you during this time. Thank you for your love of Christ and love of family.

Tim

11/02/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Wayne: What a wonderful surprise to see a note from you this a.m. Actually, this is my second blog message today, I think the first one is floating around in the blog universe!!! OK, this helps explain why you also forward me the blonde jokes, right!?!

I'm so happy that you are home. I have thought of little else but you, Jennifer, and my cousins the past couple of weeks. Y'all are truly an amazing family!!! My love to all and especially to the "man" and my hero, Uncle Wayne!!!! Pam

11/02/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne, In reading the 15 comments thus far, I almost feel as though I'm eavesdropping - yet through this forum I'm more keenly aware of how deeply your entire family has touched so many lives. What an earthly blessing with heavenly results!! In reading your remarks, Wayne, I see you have kept that marvelous sense of humor and caring spirit. That's who YOU are! It's fantastic to hear from you. We pray, and wait to hear more. Your friends, Judie & Larry Hirschman

11/03/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne: Jerold & I trust you're
having a blessed day. We pray
Jennifer will have a safe journey
this weekend. I know you guys will
miss her. We're praying for you
daily..we never know what lies
ahead but we do know He is the
great physician and He cares so
much for each of us. We love you.

11/03/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, you and Jennifer are such incredible witnesses to all who are sharing this time with you through the blog site.

Your Jennifer is now here in Paducah; I haven't seen her yet, but I met Priscilla at church this morning to get the books etc. set up.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this special spiritual journey with Jennifer. Your are in my heart and prayers. Jackie Stonecipher

11/04/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the dean family-
I just wanted to write you a little note and let you know your family is in my prayers and thoughts. The strength of your family is a big inspiration to me and I wanted to let you know I really admire you guys. My prayers and thoughts will be with you guys daily.
In Him,
Andrew Gilstrap

11/04/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find myself wishing that our paths had crossed more often with you, Wayne. We enjoyed having Jennie in our home a time or two in her travels and she always spoke with so much appreciation of your anchoring the family while she was away. My favorite verse these days is "Before they call, I will answer and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." I love the thought that God has been forever meticulously putting together the pieces of the Dean puzzle. He doeth all things well. We love you, little family. Uncle and Aunt Dale and Marye

11/05/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Wayne and Boys-
Just thought I'd say HELLO! (or HOLA- right Stinson?) and let you know that I, too, am praying for you all. You guys amaze me- you are amazing examples of Christ- and so funny too! I haven't gotten any fun parent emails lately at school like you used to send, Wayne. :) I appreciate you guys- you inspire us all.
Emily (Beyer) Armstrong

11/06/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home