Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving is a Go

Join me on yet another swoosh-twirl-plunk on the roller-coaster ride.

Today Wayne is awake and lucid. It seems he has a staph infection and that caused the brain swelling. All his progress on using his left side appears to be gone at the moment, but I think that when the swelling goes down more and he starts physical therapy again, the muscle memory will come right back. It looks discouraging right now, but I think it looks worse than it is. (I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. I have never let that get in the way of handing out medical opinions!)

They are still not allowing visitors because of infection issues and also just his stamina.

He is supposed to come home tomorrow (Wed.), which means that my Thanksgiving plans are back on. This time, though, I will hold them more loosely. If my plans go by the wayside, I won't have to grieve their loss. I will try to hold all my carefully laid plans loosely from now on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne, Jennifer, and sons and all the extended Dean family around the nation and world,continued prayers with hope. God's word is the most soothing calmer there is...thank you Jennifer for your strength and your realization our plans need to be flexible and follow God's plan..... As I pray each day and reflect on scripture, all points to your situation and how steadfast and faithful you are and that God does take notice...when we serve HIM humbly our rewards are huge. Thanksgiving Day will be a quiet family time here with Joni and family bringing the feast to grandma's house as she recovers from lumbar surgery. All is well with the LORD.....peace and hugs, Helen.

11/22/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be honest...I've been begging God all day for your idillic day to happen. Of course, I know that He will give you the grace to deal with whatever happens. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with each of you precious Deans!!
Delores Burkett

11/22/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Delores - begging the Lord to let you have your thanksgiving as planned!
Still praying Rom 15:13 from Jerusalem!
lots of love and prayers,
amy vanarsdall

11/23/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Delores and Amy, asking God to bless you with your special Thanksgiving plans!

Praying Philippians 4:6-7 for the Dean family.

Happy Thanksgiving from Colorado to you. Hey Stinson, don't forget to cheer for the Broncos! :)

The Fosters

11/23/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home