No Fear
I have the privilege of being part of a group of women who are Christian authors. They are a great support to me all the time, but certainly now. Today, author Nancie Carmichael sent this message and poem. I was so moved by this poem, I had to share it here.
From Nancie:
Wanted to share a poem that my Mom had in her Bible for years. It was written about 100 yrs. ago in memory of a martyred missionary in China by E.H. Hamilton, a fellow missionary.
Afraid? Of What?
To feel the spirit's glad release?
To pass from pain to perfect peace,
The strife and pain of life to cease?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
Afraid to see the Savior's face
To hear His welcome, and to trace
The glory gleam from wounds of grace?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
A flash, a crash, a pierced heart;
Darkness, light, O heaven's art!
A wound of His a counterpart!
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
To enter into Heaven's rest,
And yet to serve the Master blest,
From service good to service best?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
To do by death what life could not--
Baptize with blood a stony plot,
Till souls shall blossom from the spot?
Afraid--of that?
From Nancie:
Wanted to share a poem that my Mom had in her Bible for years. It was written about 100 yrs. ago in memory of a martyred missionary in China by E.H. Hamilton, a fellow missionary.
Afraid? Of What?
To feel the spirit's glad release?
To pass from pain to perfect peace,
The strife and pain of life to cease?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
Afraid to see the Savior's face
To hear His welcome, and to trace
The glory gleam from wounds of grace?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
A flash, a crash, a pierced heart;
Darkness, light, O heaven's art!
A wound of His a counterpart!
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
To enter into Heaven's rest,
And yet to serve the Master blest,
From service good to service best?
Afraid--of that?
Afraid? Of What?
To do by death what life could not--
Baptize with blood a stony plot,
Till souls shall blossom from the spot?
Afraid--of that?


8 Comments:
Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing that!
With love and continued prayers,
Kay Walker
Raleigh, NC
Jennifer - I hope to print and keep all of your notes. I feel like I'm sitting at your feet in one of your conferences and learning all over again about trust and faith and the walk we are called to here on earth. You are amazing! You are my friend and I love you so very much!
Jeanne Parrott
Jennifer,
You, Wayne and your sons are very much on my mind and heart since I learned of Wayne's condition. God helped me discover you about 12 or 15 years ago at a bible conference in Nacogdoches, Tx. You were teaching how to have a praying life. Over the years since then God has used you to teach me some very important things about Himself, growing in my awareness of who He is. I feel like you have given and given and given to me and thousands of other women, Jesus....who He is...how wonderful He is...how faithful He is. As such a big giver...in your days ahead with such huge needs you will find yourself receiving, receiving for every need. "Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return." Luke 6:38
Your friend in Christ,
Sonia Cannon
Palestine, Tx.
Jennifer,
I feel I know you through our mutual friend Jeanne Parrot. I know you a bit more through your books. I know you even more through your transparency...laying your heart on the table and knowing full well that Jesus tenderly lifts it into His hands...hands that bled for that heart,He that knows your pain...that holds you and sustains you and walks with you. Thank you for allowing me to witness HIM through this "sharing in His suffering." I continue to pray.
No Fear is a powerful poem....thanks for sharing what touches your heart....as I reflect on your inspirational daily updates, I see your next book in the making......sending hugs of God's love and comfort all the way from Colorado...helen
Wayne, Jennifer, Brantley, Kennedy and Stinson
Please know that Patrick and I have been praying for you and your family. You all have been an encouragement to Patrick and I through: Waynes' visits to the FCA office to say "hi" to me or when he would just drop me a note of encouragement; and to Jennifer for the way that you have encouraged me through hearing you speak and the way you encouraged the ladies in the Bible study at my church through your book and when you came and spoke to us, even after you had some car problems and were all "muddy"; and to Brantley who made an impact on the youth in our youth group the summer he went to camp with us. Thanks Brantley for taking the time!; and to Kennedy and Stinson for being lights in the community through FCA at school or on the football field.
Patrick and I appreciate your family and are praying joy for you all and that the Lord's will be done on earth as it is in heaven!
Jennifer, What a role model you are for a lot of folks. I love you as a sister, for I lost my when she was 43. Now I have another one plus many more. Praying for the whole family but especially you. Keep looking up
Donna Rychlik
We continue to pray for you all as Wayne comes to the time of departing into eternity. I am blessed by the post and also by gettting to know more about what is happening to my friend. Thanks for sharing so openly.
Terry Lamberth
Post a Comment
<< Home