Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Still Not Home

Feeding tube is in, but now they have to keep him 24 hours. That makes it tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll quit announcing when he is coming home. He is coming home when he comes home! Get that through my thick head!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, when he's home he is, and then his wonderful family can embrace him in their wonderful love at HOME, but remember love for each other is anywhere, as you all well know. We love you all so much, give my baby brother a big hug, from his baby sister. xoxoxoxoxofaye

11/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer & family --

It was great to meet 3/5 of the family today! I have only ever heard great things about your family from the Kings.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so many ups & downs, but I can see that God has his hand in it. It is so hard to understand why we must face hardships sometimes, but isn't it great to know that we can rest in God's arms as He takes care of all the messy details?? He has promised that we will never have to face anything we can't handle and God will continue to give all of you the strength to make it through this.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I especially hope that the nutrition Wayne will now receive through his tube will give him the energy to enjoy quality times with the ones he loves.

God bless you!!!!

Lindsay King

11/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,
I am just stunned to learn the news of this new trial of Wayne's bout with brain cancer. Jeanne Parrott sent it with the PODR list. I've been reading for over an hour of all that you have been through and all I can hear is your voice (as speaking from my 'praying for your prodigal' tape that I listen to each week since June, '04). Jennifer, it reminds me of Eleazar and how weary you must be, but you have all of these beloved friends coming to you and wanting to help and comfort and soothe you somehow, but all we have is words and prayers to strengthen you. Eleazar, along with the other mighty men of David, had to fight those battles, just as you and Wayne and the boys have to fight this one. I don't understand why all of the best Christians, the Prayer Warriors are struck so hard during these last days and I sometimes get just a little peeved at God for allowing the brightest stars in His cast to hurt. Then I remember, our King is in exile and we truly aren't home yet, (just as your frustration with getting Wayne home from the hospital states.) Why is life so very hard? Why did Job, a really perfect, blameless and very close to God's heart have to suffer such devastation? God knew him and knew he would stand firm and do battle with 'friends' and the greatest foe of all, Satan. He knew chapter 42 would satisfy Job's wounded soul and heart and the end would be better than the beginning. I am trusting Jesus to do just that for you and Wayne and the family. None of us are home yet and when we all stand, kneel, eat, and dance before the throne of God, this 'slight momentary affliction' will seem like the labor pains you and I went through to hold our three boys.
I ache for you. I'm praying for you all. I wish I could give you a hug and sit at your feet learning all the other 25,000 things that Wayne wanted to learn from you and that God is pressing in your very brilliant mind.
I love you, dear sister. See you at the House, when we are truly HOME!
Marcia Jones from Traders Point Christian Church - Indianapolis, IN

12/01/2005  
Blogger T. Suzanne Eller said...

Jennifer, I am praying for you today. You and your family are on all our hearts.

Suzie Eller, AWSA sis

12/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie and Family: We are so sorry that they won't let you have Wayne at home yet - perhaps today. The 24 hrs will be up. We are praying, praying, praying for you and Wayne and the boys. The Afraid? of what? poem was so beautiful. We, even in our illiteracy, were able to print it off. It is a treasure for us to share and keep. Jennie, now I have it all figured out why the Lord sent you down 3 boy babies - what a blessing those three young men are!!! We love you all so much. Aunt Mynatte and Uncle Red

12/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Jennifer and family:

We continue to bring your names boldly to the throne of grace because we love you and because we trust Him.

Hold fast,

Steve and Barbara

12/01/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I just got the email newsletter regarding Wayne's cancer and I want you to know that my prayers will join with all these others' for your family. Thank you for articulating, so beautifully, the wisdom God is imparting to you during this chaotic, yet peaceful time. May God richly bless you in every way. Karen Wheat

12/01/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home