Monday, December 19, 2005

Thank You


We want to thank you for walking this road by our side. When I set up the blog, I did so as a convenience to myself! I thought it would be an efficient way to keep our friends updated daily. It turned out to be a ministry to us, as you supported, encouraged, and prayed for us. Wayne loved having your comments read to him. We loved reading them, and did so together often.

These last few weeks I did not leave my home except for trips to the hospital, not wanting to be gone if he needed me. Yet, I was able to be connected intimately with the body of Christ through your ministry to us on this blog. Our family was able to both keep our daily experience as a private and intimate time, and also to share it with our friends.

Wayne had the privilege of knowing the love and appreciation and esteem of his friends and family during the last months of his time on earth. It moved him deeply and gave him great joy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Don't worry that we won't fully grieve. I assure you, we are grieving. We have been grieving all along. But, as the apostle Paul said, we do not grieve as those who have no hope.

I close with a final picture. The boys specifically asked me to post this. We think this picture says it all. Blessings on you, friends.

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, for taking the time and sharing with us your family. This has help so many with seeing the hand of God moving and your faith stronger and full of joy ,even when the testing is so hard and the pain is so deep. Faith in our Lord and Savior brought you and your family throughand blessed others through the Dean family. Thank you again for letting us walk with you and your family.God is perparing you for a bigger plan in your walk of Faith.I have enjoyed your books and your studies.Through your walk with God you have given to me new hope and a peace that only comes through the grace of our Lord given to us through Jesus. Pray is a big part of my life ,but now it has become the best part.For it is the voice of God each day that gives me the strength to press on .For I know I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me,for nothing is to big for him. May the peace of our Mighty God and our everlasting Father be with your family and give to you the Joy now and through out the new year. Love and Pray's go with you. p.w.c. Judy

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your life with us. You will never know how much it has meant especially at this time of year --- to be focused on the eternal and not what we see taking place in the world around us.

I am praying Psalm 71 for you today. May God continue to be your strong Rock of Refuge.
Loving you, dear Sister in Christ,
Nancy Mazzocchi

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right it does say it all...

*tears*

Not for Wayne...but for the loss it is to you and to his boys and their families to come...

But Dean has left a legacy... and what really comforts me is knowing God knows what He is doing....

God bless you Jennifer and to you precious grown up sons...

that picture just sooooo touches me!

love Keri

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious picture. And thank you for sharing it with us and for all the thoughts and memories and insights you all have shared though this time. It has been a privilege to be a part of this eternal happening in your lives. Even in the sadness you have been used to strengthen the body. Thank you for allowing that. And for enabling us to pray specifically. We KNOW our Heavenly Father will continue to see you through. I pray for blessings abundantly to be showered upon you all in the coming days--as He is your sufficiency.

My prayers will go on -- I know HE will uphold you in His righeous right hand and carry you through.

With love and prayers for all of you,

Sincerely,
Kay Walker

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Thank you for the photos of Wayne. How good it was to see him again after not seeing him for so many years.

The other night when I was reflecting on seeing Wayne’s photos, I realized that Wayne can FINALLY see color!!! WOW, just think what an experience that was (and still is): being able to see, unhindered, the Lord's brilliance!! I can see Wayne (with a big smile) standing and looking in awe at every aspect of Heaven and enjoying every detail!!"

While reading your updates, I had to wipe away the tears while smiling at the same time. Wayne’s journey has brought me so much joy and inspiration. The Scripture that kept coming to me was "O death, where is your sting?" (1 Cor.15:55).

Wayne’s journey will be forever imprinted on my heart because of the impact it has made on my life. “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Phil. 1:21).

Love,
Karin
Robertson

12/19/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

How much those boys look like their dad! Of course, we see Jennifer in each of them but physically they are so much their dad. Thank you for sharing and loving and being transparent as you've made the hurried walk through cancer to perfect healing.

Jennifer - I just keep repeating myself.....God is so pleased with you and the boys and He's loving his time with Wayne now.

You are such a good friend - even across the long distances, you touch my heart over and over and over.

And, still we walk with you in spirit and with much love.

Now, we pray that God gives you the increase of his abundance and that He meets every physical need you have. May your speaking engagements come in from across the country.....so many as the sands on the ocean so you have to pick and choose where you will go. God, surprise us all with how you meet Jennifer and the boy's needs.

God counts every tear and the reason it was shed and He stores them in Heaven right alongside the prayers of His children. He wastes nothing that happens in our life. What a great God we serve.

Hugs - too many to count coming your way,
Jeanne & Dale

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie Fortenberry in Clinton, MS

Thank you for sharing your private time with Lizzie.
She and I were so thankful to have gotten to meet Wayne this summer at the CBF convention. I appreciate him for coming by the Global Women booth and for attendting the breakfast wearing a pink t-shirt! It is good to have this memory.
May God's arms embrace you tightly in the days, weeks and months ahead.
We serve a living Savior and I rejoice with you in the full knowledge of true Hope,Joy and Peace. The Chirst of Christmas is not bound by the finite, but is limitless in His love and care.
God's Blessings to you all,
MLF

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer and boys,
Thanks you for sharing so richly with us. I feel like I know you better than I have in years. I look forward to continuing in our freindship.
Blessings, peace, and joy to you.
Love,
Jenn and Greg
Maggie and Will

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dean,

I have wanted to leave you a message so many times over the last few weeks but I couldn’t. We have never met and I felt like I was eavesdropping reading the blog each day. Yet, I just couldn’t help myself – I visited often.

Two months ago, I picked up the Examiner and read Bill Althaus’ article about Wayne Dean. I always read the Examiner sports page and I remembered the excited around town when Stinson was playing footfall for Blue Springs. After reading the article I logged on to find out more about this man, Wayne Dean. Wow, was I in for something.

I came back every day for so many reasons. Of course, I wanted to know how Wayne was doing, but it was your writing and your acceptance of Wayne’s illness and God’s plan that was so beautiful. I can’t describe - unlike anything I’ve experienced before. I would have been mad at the world (which seems silly to me now), but not you. Your faith and strength, your remarkable relationship with God, your husband and your children has had such an unbelievable impact on me. I want that in my life!

I am so sorry for your grief and I hurt with you. However, I must thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this experience with others. You have shown me so much about love and understanding – I want to be a better wife, mother and child of God. Thank you for making me focus on the true priorities in life. I will never forget this lesson from you and Wayne.

Kellie -Independence, MO

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer and B,K, and S -

Thank you all for allowing me the privilege to pray with you through all of this. It has been a time of grieving with you and through you as I have relived much of my Mom's battle with brain cancer 10 years ago. I said it before, but will say it again - God is faithful! As much as we miss and grieve the loss of our loved ones, we know we can trust God. His will is good, pleasing and perfect and I trust He will use what you have been through and will go through for His Glory.... He already has .... as you have shared your faith with all of us through the blog.

Blessings to each of you.
Jane

I will continue to pray for each of you in the days to come.

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I add my thanks to those already posted. You have added to my walk with Christ by helping me refocus on what is truly important.
Your sons are eloquent in thier eulogies and they have the same beautiful Spirit in them that is evident in you. Praise God for His sufficiency during our deepest sufferings.
Know that you are precious to those of us who have been ministered to by your journal entries and that we bring your family and you before our Father daily. I love you, sister.
In Christ,
Karen Wheat

12/19/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer ~

Our hearts continue to go out to you as our prayers go up to the Father. The departing of a Life Partner and Daddy leaves a big hole ~ Father God says:
"Sing to God, sing praise to his name,extol him who rides on the clouds - his name is the LORD — and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,is God in his holy dwelling." Psalm 68:4-5

We add our thanks for sharing your faith with us and allowing us to walk with you during these days. We have read every word and will continue to intercede for your family.

We love you ~ Don and Jonnie
Newnan, Georgia

12/20/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

And, it is us who should be thanking you......you are incredible.

Jeanne Parrott

12/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean Family,

Although we did not know you before we began reading your blog, We feel as we have known you forever. Thank you for sharing your family and your faith in Christ. It has been an encouragement to me and my family. Please also know that are prayers are with you always.

12/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been praying for your family ever since I heard of Wayne's illness. The last week before Wayne died I believe God even woke me up early in the morning to pray.This is a word He gave me one morning. As I was thinking about your comments on this blog, I was touched by the amount of love that was shown by the members of your family to Wayne. I was touched by the loving way you spoke of Wayne. The Spirit helped me to realize that during these last days all you thought about was your love for Wayne and the love he had for you. (I loved the story about the birthday ring.) You probably never once thought of any bad times you had. His "sins" were forgotten in the midst of your love for him. I have always wondered how God could remember my sins no more. But I see now that in the midst of His perfect love, only love is remembered. That picture has been so comforting to me and I am so happy to be able to share it with you.

12/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us walk through the valley of the shadow of death with you all--for showing us how it is done by those who are the caregivers and by the one who is moving into another home. The testimony of all of you is a challenge to my life. You are blessed with a lifetime of memories and experiences with such a godly man. I loved what Kennedy said that his Dad will live on in your lives--what a legacy Wayne has left. What power the Savior has given to each of you to communicate to the Body in such an encouraging and transparent way. You will continue to be in my prayers in the days ahead.

In Him,
Dixie Harris
Raleigh, NC

12/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I sent one of my poems earlier because I felt led to. I would like to leave you with one more. I believe the message of this poem with all my heart.

A SHARED LIFE

Two people
sharing their lives
For whatever
time there is,
Tend to blend
their personalities:
His into hers--
hers into his.

They send out
silent signals.
Their thoughts
become entwined.
And often,
when it's needed,
They can read
each other's mind.

And know not, 'til
death parts them,
The comforting
feeling it gives.
For even though
part of bouth dies,
Likewise--
part of both lives.

Mary (Horner) Cossiboom
Paducah, Kentucky

12/20/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I want to take one last opportunity to thank you for allowing us to pray for you and your family. The prayers won't stop, but the intensity of this particular part of the journey has shifted. Thank you for sharing. I realize that transparency for some of us is not the easiest thing during times like this, (how well I know but am working on that!) but because you've shared God has been and is glorified in the process. What a tribute to His power and His grace. Blessings to you. Deb Weaver

12/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you, for sharing your family with us. It is a beatiful picture and I can only imagine what a fragrant offering your family is to our Lord and Savior. My husband and I have three boys and my prayer, for our boys, is that we will leave them the wonderful legacy you and Wayne have offered yours. Your sons put it so graciously and see that you and Wayne have chosen to honor God in all that you say and do. That my dear, is amazing and I am sure that your sweet husbands crown is spectacular. We will continue to pray for you and your amazing men. You are an encourager - be encouraged, continue to keep your eyes on God and he will continue to do the job he does so well.

"for to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" Phil. 1:21

I pray for peace, comfort and blessings for your family.

Love to you all,
Anne
Raleigh, NC

12/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
"You put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?" Psalm 56:8
How precious it is to know that God loves us so much that He should collect our tears and keep a record of them!
May He who has kept each and every one of your tears bring you His tender mercy and everlasting, all knowing, comfort and peace.
Thank you for sharing this intimate time with us. Through you we have been given a glimse into the beauty of death unto life.
With love and prayers.

12/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has been putting a few peoeple on my heart recently especially when I wake at night...He brings to my mind right away your name as well as another friend of mine who losr her husband 6 weeks ago... and a dear friend of mine who I dont even know if she is okay she is not answering anyone's comments on her site ...she has read many of your books as I have shared them with her...
Just such a faithful God...
love Kerri

12/21/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer thankyou for sharing your pain and joy this Christmas season. You are so wonderful. I wish I was half the Christian you are. Our prayers are with you and the boys. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Richard Kruger

12/24/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free.
I’m following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah, yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you all the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I’ve savored much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

12/26/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Its been a while since I've been here. I have thought of you MANY times and I know my heart has been at times full of emotion for what you are going through. I know that you are and will be going through different stages of emotion ...I know too that God will be there during every one of them. I know you know that, too.
I got my book and plan to read it on my way to Vegas for a wedding photographer's convention so i will have plenty of road time to do that. I will be thinking of you and praying for you, too.
I need to check on line to see your schedule. I can imagine you might have had to cancel some of your conferences. I do hope we see you out Cali way when you are ready enough to go out again...
Your sister in Christ...
Kerri

1/06/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, my heart goes out to you,your sons and all of your family. Your faith and courage are truly an inspiration. I have heard wonderful things about Wayne from Priscilla in the past but to read the beautiful eulogies given by your sons and to share a glimpse into your loving home was truly a gift.

I am in Nevada because my mother is very ill. I just today heard that Wayne had passed away. I found your blog by following a link in one of the Althaus columns about Wayne. I was truly touched by his comments and then I came upon your beautifully shared diary and I am so moved that you would share your life, love and faith with all of us in this way.
All of you are in my prayers.
Susan Longmire

1/07/2006  
Blogger Annie B said...

Dear Jennifer,
My friend Nancee heard you speak at a PrayerForce meeting and she shared about your loss. I am sorry for your loss of your Wayne. She shared with me because I, too, lost my husband (at age 43)--8 months ago. I started a blog as well, because it was helpful to me, but also because my Michael was involved in the lives of so many as a Children's Pastor.
I know God will use your vulnerability through your sharing your story in ways that you can't even imagine at this point.
I could feel the prayers of God's people in our family's journey, but I could not respond to them all. The blog has helped me to allow them to share this journey with me/us. I'm so glad for your time with your Wayne before his journey Home and for your testimony in leaning on our Gracious God. I will be praying for you and your children. I appreciated reading their eulogies. Keep embracing the journey for in all its love, hope,lessons and pain, God WILL show you His nearness and a grace that is only known to each of you in your personal walk with God. I'm learning it IS an AMAZING GRACE. Hugs and love from another of God's kids,
Annie B

1/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home