Today
It was so important to Wayne that the boys and I do his eulogy. Would you pray for us today that we would be able to do it well, keeping our emotions under reasonable control?
This weekend, I will figure out how to upload a picture of Wayne. Thanks for asking.
This weekend, I will figure out how to upload a picture of Wayne. Thanks for asking.


10 Comments:
Dearest Jennifer,
I am helping care for my elderly mom this week and read about your Wayne this morning.
Yes, I will pray for you and your boys as you lead today at the service. May you feel God's sweet presence and love in all that you do and say. May you walk in the power of His Love and walk as along streams of living water. May you feel that water flowing through you and walk in such peace that only can be described as OUR MAGNIFICIENT ETERNAL GOD.
Thank you again for how you have shared your life with us through these trying days that I cannot imagine. Thank you.
Praying for you,
Kathy Coleman
Psalm 27 - "The LORD is the stronghold of my life...."
Dear, dear Jennifer,
Since the day we heard about Wayne, "we hve not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding." (We have witnessed God's answer through your day by day account.)
Today especially we pray that you and the boys "will be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, joyfully giving glory to the Father." Colossians 1:9-12
May God "strengthen you with power through His Spirit in you inner being... that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (leaning on Him) "Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. To Him be glory...for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:16, 20,21.
May His Presence be more real to you than Wayne's absence.
On our knees in Cary, NC.
Nancy Mazzocchi
Dale and I will be praying all day today.......you will do well and Wayne and God will be pleased.
Today, we'll stand by you in spirit and with much love as you tell the world what Wayne Dean meant to you, the boys, your families and everyone who touched his life.
Blessings on you and the boys today.
Jeanne Parrott
Dearest Jennifer - Thank you for sharing such deep and personal moments with me these past weeks. I have been touched and blessed by Wayne's life even though I have never met him. I look forward to introducing myself to him in Glory one day and telling him in person how he honored his God even in death. As you and your sons share today, may our God give you His peace that 'passes all understanding' and that the Spirit's power will be felt and seen by all that come.
Praying for you,
Many are my prayers for you today -
I felt like everything I read in my time this morning just jumped off the page for you and the boys. Nancy's post from Ephesians was one of "my" verses. So, here are my prayers for all of you today:
"We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words… "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ."
I Corinthians 2:12-13;16
I pray you will each have His mind as you speak today. I pray that His Spirit will come forth in Spiritual words and truth - and that He will open the minds of unbelievers to His truth today.
I join Paul in his "Prayer for the Ephesians" and make it my prayer for the Deans:
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21
I pray He will fill you to overflowing and that the very same power that raised Jesus from the dead will be yours today. I pray as you look back on what he did today you will be able to say "Go God!"
Finally, how appropriate that the prayers I prayed for my generations today, fit so perfectly for the sons that God gave you and Wayne:
From Legacy of Prayer – By JKD – Chapter 5 –Making Deposits #16, page 103.
“Lord, may my descendants be so genuinely full of Your Spirit that You will speak through them.”
Lord, speak through Brantley, Kennedy and Stinson today. Use them to glorify your name and may they all be lost in the sight of You today.
Sorry for the length, but when He speaks we can't be silent.
Praying for you all today.
Jane
I awakened this a.m. with you on my mind--praying for today for you and the boys. I ditto the prayers that have already been posted here and...
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that HE who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Phil 1:3-6
"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Phil 2:13
We know He will honored, lifted high, and glorified in the service today because He is faithful and you all desire to honor Him as you remember Wayne. HE Himself will fill your mouths with His good pleasure and will see you through. May His fill you full of Himself.
With love and prayers,
Kay Walker
Jennifer,
I have prayed and will pray that you and your sons will be the fragrance of Christ today. That same Resurrection Power is yours...HIS strength will take over...and HE will be exalted. In your transparency, others will know Wayne better and see Christ more clearly. YOU can not do this...but Christ will do this and more...through you. You are being wrapped in prayer.
Jennifer,
You have been on my mind all morning and I will be praying for you all day long, but particularly at 1:00, that the Lord will strengthen you and your sons so that not only your husband's memory will be shared, but the Spirit of God will be reflected.
You are greatly admired.
Tonya
Raleigh, North Carolina
After finally getting to meet the full measure of Wayne's pride and joy...his sons...I now know why he so anxiously wanted me to meet and know them.
What a great affirmation your celebration of Wayne's life was today!
Tom Flint aka The General (at least that's what Wayne always called me)
Dear Jennifer,
I've been praying for you all through the day (16th)and will continue. God is making a great impact on my life through your books and your testimony throughout this time. I know that God will continue to use you greatly as even now you work through this new part of your journey in "this country." Praying on for you. Deb Weaver
Post a Comment
<< Home