Friday, December 09, 2005

Wayne Watch

What an odd journey this has been. Wayne's breathing alternates between periods of steady breathing and periods of irregular breathing. He has been breathing steadily since this morning. We had a visit from the hospice doctor today. Several of the symptoms that death is within hours have reversed. For a dying person, his vitals are pretty strong. Stronger than they anticipated they would be. We have ended our breath-to-breath deathwatch. Death could still be a breath away, but then again, it could be a week away. Death is approaching, but maybe not at the speed it once looked to be.

You who know Wayne know that Wayne has always made his own rules.

Wayne's last breath is stragically timed and has been since before the world began. As long as there is breath in his body, God is using him for eternal purposes.

14 Comments:

Blogger DaleJeanne said...

Amen my precious friend. You continue to teach me and I continue to thirst for the teaching. God and Wayne have this all worked out.....yours is to trust and wait.

Hugs
Jeanne & Dale

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just keep thinking about God's timing. It's just something we don't know. But we DO know that He uses ALL things that His children experience for His good. Wayne's life is indeed bringing glory to Him and so are the lives of His dear family. And He gives the strength needed to face each moment all the time. He is Lord indeed. You all are a beacon of God's light to all of us who wait/watch with you. It is a privilege to wait/watch with you.

May God's face continue to shine upon you all and may you continue to feel Him in everything.

With MUCH love,
Kay Walker

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't get to decide, do we? What a teacher!

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is using this to touch so many lives and hearts. Keep watching, dear Dean family. Keep praying, dear Dean friends. Keep sharing, all who love God and are called according to His purpose.

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Jennifer --

Thanks for your unflagging blog updates on Mr. Dean's condition. So many people in Waco are praying for all of you, and we know that God's will will be done in His time.

I just wanted to point out a statistic of which you may well be aware, that at this time of year, people in Mr. Dean's condition often consciously, unconsciously, or somehow spiritually strive to "hang on" thru an important holiday, in order to be with their families one last, important time.

Whatever the case, you are all demonstrating the sublime acceptance of God's will, and in that you all provide an example and a blessing for everyone that knows and cares about you and Brantley and Kennedy and Stinson.

You all remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike Jones, Waco

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I have something special from Wayne's classmates that I want to send to you by mail. What is the best address? I have two different ones in my address book. You can answer me by e-mail at wloftin@frontiernet.net if you wish.

Thanks and may God blessings be on all of your family through the night.

Susan Loftin

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Love Kerri

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is morning now in Kuwait and I awoke with your family on my heart. I am blessed to be able to "watch" with you as Wayne leaves his "tent" for his permanent home. Your continued devotion to serving the Lord so selflessly is inspiring and encouraging. I thank God that as far away as I am from your family I feel like I'm sitting in Wayne's room with you. "Let not your heart be troubled. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6 In Christ, Sheryll
sheryll105@hotmail.com

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am an "online" cyber friend of Karin Roberts.
Karin has been keeping me up to date with what is happening with Wayne and asked for me to pray for him and for you all. I have done just that and although I don't know you your family is constantly on my mind. From what I hear of Wayne he is such a great Guy that I guess he is wanted in heaven for a special reason. I think you are being so strong and so accepting of this situation I admire you so much. I only hope that I will be so brave under fire if ever I have to be as you are . Take care and know that you are being thought about and prayed for by someone in Australia.Remember that death is not so much the going out of a light as the turning off the light because has dawn has come.
" Be still and
know that I am GOD".

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!

Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?

Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?

For from him and through him and to
him are all things.

To him be the glory forever! Amen

Romans 11:33-36

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing the watch with you.
Jan and Ernest Taylor

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blogs have deepened my faith, and I wonder if you would consider writing a book about these experiences using these precious entries as a format. When my niece, who was like a daughter to me, died, I kept all the update emails and replies together. Now, I read them and realize how much the Lord taught me through the painful experience. Rarely have I seen a person go through this particular life event and come out of it having been able to articulate what they are learning
in the way you do.
Thanks for the honor of sharing these days with you. I am still praying for all of you.
Much love,
Karen Wheat

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Jennifer,

I again want to thank you for your updates on Wayne. Please know that our prayers continue to be with Wayne, you and your family. Psalm 23 - With Heartfelt Prayers,
Kathy Coleman

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers continue.
ld

12/10/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home