Wednesday, December 07, 2005

December 7

Wayne is still with us. Lying peacefully and breathing easily for the most part.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jennifer...I have been waiting by the computer for the latest praise on his condition. God is so faithful.

Tonya

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date as we continue to stand with your family in prayer.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless and keep you all, Jennifer.

12/07/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

Again today we sit with you in spirit and with much love for you and Wayne.
Jeanne Parrott

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!

With love,
Kay Walker

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We keep up with your news at least twice each day and continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers. We do appreciate so much your meaningful sharing and you have blessed us tremendously! God bless you at every moment. We are sure that He is!! WE love you!
O.V. & Janice

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God grant you and your sons peace of spirit and physical rest. It is a hard journey for you and we are honored by your willingness to share. Hold to the hope that is in Christ.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martin Luther
I just read this in my email this morning...it brings comfort to me to know when death does come it is never then end for those who are in Christ Jesus...
"What is our death but a night's sleep? For as through sleep all weariness and faintness pass away and cease, and the powers of the spirit come back again, so that in the morning we rise fresh and strong and joyous; so at the Last Day we shall rise again as if we had only slept a night, and shall be fresh and strong".
-Martin Luther

I know Wayne has not reached that point but I thought to share it as we all will meet the end of our journeys here...and I want to have an eternal perspective on death for the Christian...there is so much more!!!

Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family...

Kerri

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne is following the example shown by your Grandfather Dick and my father--picking out the absolutely coldest time of the year to leave us. It still is not as cold as it can get, and as long as he wants to hang around that's OK. We love you guys and are praying for you. Iris

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer and family: I have enjoyed reading your journal throughout the last few weeks. Your faith and hope are a witness to Christ and to us all.
I got to know Wayne in my time at Central Baptist Seminary. He was visiting with us on behalf of the MB Foundation. He even helped out with the golf tournament we had in May. My wife remembers sitting by Wayne at a CBF breakout session in late June.
Your writings remind us how tender and short life is. I know that you are strong, but I continue to pray for you God's grace and his peace in the valley.
Bill Prather

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. The Creator of heaven and earth is listening as those who love you and Him lift you up in prayers.
Russell - Debbie's son - and my wife, Shari.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure Wayne and Jesus have a perfect plan. How sweet that you patiently await what our Lord has for your dear Wayne.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep thinking of words I read yesterday...that Wayne "reaches up to what he sees". To think that each of us will see Him, not as in a mirror, where we walk away and forget what we look like, but face to face. From His promises in His Word, we know what Wayne sees. We may lift our hands in worship here, tethered to this earthly home, but our arms long to soar upward toward our Heavenly home...back to our Daddy, "Abba", who waits over the hill to welcome us. Reach Wayne...hands that love you tenderly, hold you here and Hands that love you eternally will never let you go.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina, thank you for your words. Such power and truth! Thank you!

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With you in heart and spirit, Jennifer
Janet

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Dean Family. As my family struggles with a similar illness in my brother in law, I find myself visiting your site almost daily. Not for any reason, but inspiration and a reminder... that God is still God. As I watch your family's journey, I find a strength that I can share with mine. Thank you for sharing your story, for touching lives of people you do not know in a way that you can not imagine. May His power, grace, and mercy be with you all....today and always.
Teresa Moore

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again for your honesty and family! We here at Baylor are praying for you as you tread through these rough waters.

Please thank Brantley for his communication earlier today.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been pondering, today, the process of "getting ready for glory". Jennifer, you mentioned yesterday, sitting by Wayne's bed and talking and reading him Scripture. That got me thinking of another song - what is it with these Dalton (Currin and Loos) sisters and songs, anyway?

This one is from Carolyn Arends, songsmith extraordinaire. I've pasted the lyrics below. If you want to listen to it on the web and read the story behind the song, read on.

Getting Ready For Glory
by Carolyn Arends

She’s had 80-some years, most of them good
But she’s not gonna be here much longer
Now the body gets weak like she knew it would
But the Spirit just keeps getting stronger
She’s got her Bible and hymn book beside her
She’s storing those psalms and old songs up inside her
She’s getting ready, she’s getting ready
She’s getting ready for glory
She’s getting ready, she’s getting ready
She’s getting ready for glory
She knows all of the verses to How Great Thou Art
And her soul, it doth magnify often
And she’s gonna keep learning the Scriptures by heart
Till the day she is laid in her coffin
She wants to be sure when the angels come take her
That she’s got some greetings for meeting her Maker
Chorus
She will tell us if we’ll only listen
It’s not about dying, it’s all about living
And whether you’re young or the end’s getting near
There’s just one reason why God has us here
We’re getting ready, we’re getting ready
We’re getting ready for glory
We’re getting ready, we’re getting ready
We’re getting ready for glory
We’ll sing it by heart…How Great Thou Art
Until the day we see your face…

C 2004 Songs of Peer, Ltd / Mr. Marley's Music (ASCAP)

Dean family ... Keep on reading and singing to Wayne. His greeting for His Lord will be full of songs of worship and praise.

For those who want to listen:
Visit www.carolynarends.com and then click on "music", then on "lyrics database" under the picture. Choose “Getting Ready for Glory” and read the story and lyrics. To hear a one minute excerpt from the song, choose the album titled “Under the Gaze” and audio/lyrics and then choose your media player for “Getting Ready for Glory”. Be blessed.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dean family,
I continue to pray for Wayne and all of you.

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer: It is wonderful to see how the Lord continues to bless even in the midst of the pain. When my brother's son was killed last year, he exclaimed how amazing it was that he could almost literally feel God's arms around them during that time. I pray God's loving arms are just as evident to you and your family right now sweet one. All of the ladies at Miner Baptist are praying for you!
When you mentioned Wayne opening his eyes and fixing on something, even reaching out it reminded me of how my daughter Mallory did in her final hours. She also was very weak, and nonresponsive, but would open her eyes, look straight up and even reach up toward the ceiling. It was as if she could see something we could not. I truly believe there were ministering angels comforting Mallory and preparing her for the glory to come. As you and I have discussed previously, I believe the spiritual world and the physical world are much closer than we realize.
I check on you daily and pray constantly for your family. Love you, Teresa Griggs

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, I pray continually for you. Over and over I have been inspired by all that you have shared through this time- it is truly an honor to share in the burdens and rejoice in the praises with you.

With love,
Kim

12/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Brantly, Kennedy, & Stinson:

We have just completed the annual trustee meeting of MBF. Numerous times during the last two days we have stopped and prayed for you and Wayne. We had hoped that all of you would have been able to be present at this meeting. It is Wayne's 5th anniversary with MBF. In addition to prayer, we had several occassions to recall and celebrate the many wonderful results of Wayne's work & ministry to others over these five years. "Mr. Relationship" has touched so many with his care and concern for others. The staff and board of MBF hold deep gratitude for Wayne's service and much thanksgiving for the fruits of his labor that will continue impacting lives for Christ.

Our/My prayers continue,
Stephen

12/07/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home