December 6
The end is near. The hospice nurse yesterday afternoon thought we were counting hours now. He has periods when his breathing is ragged and then he goes into periods of steady breathing.
A few times he wakes up, works hard to open his eyes, and he seems to see things we cannot. He points and stares fixedly at a certain spot. I think Heaven's welcoming committee is making appearances.
A few times he wakes up, works hard to open his eyes, and he seems to see things we cannot. He points and stares fixedly at a certain spot. I think Heaven's welcoming committee is making appearances.


14 Comments:
Jennifer,
I so remember my Daddy's eyes being fixed on one spot...reaching out as if to take the hand of Jesus!!
I truly do believe that the heavenly hosts are welcoming Wayne just as I saw with Dad. I thank God that He has allowed you to experience this. It has been a tremendous comfort to me through the years since my Daddy's death in 1974 at age 64. I hope the boys will also draw strength and comfort through this experience. Our prayers continue.
Lovingly,
Delores
Wayne's mansion is almost ready for occupancy......the angels stand ready to hear "Bring Wayne to Me....his time on earth is over." Then, Wayne will grab the hand of Jesus and be whole - I can only imagine......Wayne will be with His Savior.
Our prayers are with you and the boys today.
Again today we sit with you and the boys in spirit and love.
Jeanne Parrott
Jennifer & Boys,
What an awesome testamony this site is! Please know we are holding each of you very close in our thoughts and particularly in our prayers. Steve & Linda Shipman, Stephanie & Scott
Jennifer and family-
My heart aches for you right now. I know how hard this time is, even thought you know what awaits Wayne is far more glorious than we can even begin to imagine. I do not know Wayne, but from reading your posts he is an amazing man. I pray that Our Father would just fill you with an amazing peace that can only be attributed to His grace!
Heather Lord
Take comfort in His Words:
"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:18, 22-23
My prayers for freedom from distress and fear continue. May He be your peace and Wayne's great reward.
Jane
Dearest Jennifer,
I know the Lord, Himself, is holding you all in the VERY palm of His Almighty hand. I too experienced this with my father--and it is an awesome experience amidst the sadness. And it is also hard to let go.
May the Father continue to bless you, be gracious unto you, make His face to shine upon you, pour on His presence, peace, power and protection as He holds you tightly to Himself. May Jesus Christ be praised, because He is Lord, indeed!
I love you,
Kay Walker
I too remember being told that sometimes your loved ones need permission to die because they are holding on for us. They are ready to be released into the arms of Jesus, but they try to hold on for their loved ones. I remember asking my dad, who was dying from cancer, if he was ready to let go and he nodded his head "yes." Shortly after that he passed on into eternity. What a joy to know that he was released from his earthly body. I will be praying fervently for Wayne's complete healing and for an amazing peace to surround you and your sons.
Thanks Kennedy for sharing your thoughts with us. My son read your post and was so moved by it that he shared it with a friend of his that has also been praying for you and your family. A group of high school seniors lifted you up during their prayer time on Sunday. Thank you all for being such a witness to me and to my children and showing us the strength and conviction that you hold in Jesus and his promises.
Joni Foster
I keep reading your updates - Jennifer, keep teaching me - I am a sponge for your teachings.
Hugs
Jeanne
Jennifer,
I know a hospice nurse who indeed said that believers getting ready to go home almost always saw something in their room that others couldn't - angels, etc. right before they shed these tents for the perfect home with Christ. He is indeed seeing heavenly beings prior to his release.
She also said that unbelievers had a terrible struggle, crying out and wailing and screaming...
We are truly blessed. I am praying for you at this time. He loves us so very much.
The "hotline' to God is very busy these days with prayers for Wayne...what a comfort for you to realize this impact around the world and I can hear God's whisper, "Be still and know that I am God"....peace I leave you and peace I give you, now and forevermore. Love and hugs transcend the miles to all of you, whether near or far...we are at one in Christ.
Jennifer,
In one of your blogs you said "I can only imagine"...those words stuck to my mind because they are the words to one of my favorite songs. Some of the lyrics go like this:
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the sun
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever,
Forever worship You
I can only imagine
Surrounded by Your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for You, Jesus
Or in awe of You be still?
Will I stand in Your presence?
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
Imagine Wayne in the arms of his loving Savior, the One who bore even more pain than Wayne has ever endured. Imagine Wayne in the presence of his loving Creator, Who knew him before he was ever formed in his mother's womb. Please find comfort in the fact that your entire family is so loved. You don't know me, but you ministered to me in Raleigh, North Carolina back in November, and now I weep for you.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."
Psalm 116:15
Tonya
Jennifer,
Those of us who have walked through this valley of the shadow can acutely feel your emotions. Know that people are praying for you all over this great country and around the world.
A week before my daddy went Home, he woke up from a deep sleep and said he saw Jesus sitting in the corner of his room. I asked him what Jesus looked like, and he said "Just like my brother." How comforting for us girls (I have 5 sisters) to know that Jesus looked like a family member. Maybe not literally, but in a spiritual sense. It helped make the transition from earth to Home a bit easier for him. Also, he spent the last few days of his life reaching out for things that no one else could see, and then he would hand them to those around him. Only he knew what the angels were handing him!
Praying for you,
Diane
A sister in Iowa
It is amazing to read all these similar stories of the passing of loved ones...
It is comforting to know that God sends help to us...whether for the one passing or the one who is left behind...or both....
I awoke around 2 am to pray...and wondered if Wayne had passed...
Looks like Wayne is still waiting...
Praying for all the comfort of God to be present for as long as needed...
Kerri
Jennifer,
My grandfather, a minister all his life, was welcomed home by many of the saints from his church that had preceeded him, and by angels. He saw them in his room, and laughing, called them all by name!
You are all precious in His sight.
I love you much,
Crysti
Post a Comment
<< Home