Home At Last
We got Wayne home early this afternoon. The hospice nurse spent several hours going over things, teaching us what we need to know, etc. We liked her very much.
She says that she believes we are within days of Wayne's passing. This is based on several factors, primarily breathing patterns and level of consciousness.
He is in the big recliner in our living room, fire lit, Christmas stockings hung, surrounded by love. We will soon move him to his bed, but we are in no hurry to do so. He is peaceful and in no pain.
Tomorrow, Stinson and I will attend the football banquet for Blue Springs High School, where we will help present the Wayne Dean Scholarship. Wayne's sister, Faye, and her husband, Chuck will be here tomorrow to see Wayne and to attend the banquet with us. Also, Faye and Chuck's children-- Wayne's much-loved niece and 2 much-loved nephews, all grown up and lovely adults. Along with them will be another lovely much-loved grown nephew, Dean Wallace. We look forward to seeing them and having them be in Wayne's space for a while. Wayne would love knowing that they are present to see the Wayne Dean Scholarship awarded.
How fast this has all gone. We have barely had time to catch our breath, and now the end is near. Thank you for walking this road with us. I will post as often as possible.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21).
She says that she believes we are within days of Wayne's passing. This is based on several factors, primarily breathing patterns and level of consciousness.
He is in the big recliner in our living room, fire lit, Christmas stockings hung, surrounded by love. We will soon move him to his bed, but we are in no hurry to do so. He is peaceful and in no pain.
Tomorrow, Stinson and I will attend the football banquet for Blue Springs High School, where we will help present the Wayne Dean Scholarship. Wayne's sister, Faye, and her husband, Chuck will be here tomorrow to see Wayne and to attend the banquet with us. Also, Faye and Chuck's children-- Wayne's much-loved niece and 2 much-loved nephews, all grown up and lovely adults. Along with them will be another lovely much-loved grown nephew, Dean Wallace. We look forward to seeing them and having them be in Wayne's space for a while. Wayne would love knowing that they are present to see the Wayne Dean Scholarship awarded.
How fast this has all gone. We have barely had time to catch our breath, and now the end is near. Thank you for walking this road with us. I will post as often as possible.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21).


11 Comments:
Jennifer,
So glad to know he finally made it home...it is such a blessing to know he is among familiar people and things...I hope that I would be able to pass on at home and in the company of my loved ones all around...when my time comes...
Thanks for keeping us so up to date...
All God's comfort...
love kerri
You and your family will be in our prayers here in Glasgow, Missouri, as you go through these days. May you all feel God's arms around you, holding you and comforting you. Thank you for allowing us into your heart in this valley.
May you and your loved ones feel God's peace, my Christian sister.
Sherry Arni
I knew thought of being present as a loved one goes to the eternal city. However, being at his bedside and holding my dad's hand as he literally sat up and watched the gates open with awe and joy, I know this is a time of sadness, blessing, and wonderment for all of you. Wayne is indeed a beloved man as I have learned to know and appreciate him through the messages posted and your loving diary of this difficult time. The presence of so many who love him will warm his heart, even if he cannot tell you now. I pray for your strength, but also for your ability to let down and just "be" with Wayne in the presence of Jesus. You have continued to bless so many. Don't forget that you need and deserve your private time too.
We love you,
Jenn and Greg James
In the midst of your immense grief and the sad, sad road you walk, your posts are proof of God's miracles. Even in this -- especially in this.
Marjorie Marberry
Columbia, MO
Jennifer, 6 years ago on December 30th my mother and best friend died from pancreatic cancer. I was not there when she died but was there the night before praying over her. I wish I had been able to have her at home and in the warm pocket of family... but I take comfort in the knowledge that just weeks before this, I had the precious blessing of seeing her give her heart to Jesus!
To sit with my mother at our kitchen table as she read in the book of John with Joe and I was an answered prayer. I miss her so much but there is such comfort in knowing that even though she wasn't in my home at the time she breathed her last, she was immediately at home with Him. God is so faithful.
My heart and prayers have been, and are with you and the boys.
Gayla Engelman
I am so glad Wayne is home. There is no place on earth better than to spend your last moments surrounded by love ones .Hospice took care of my Mom and gave to her family encouragment to press on. They made it possible for Mom to be able to be home, which is what Mom wanted. I am so thankful for the last few days we had and when God called her home there was a peace and unity in our family I just can not explain. My prays are with you as the time draws near that the Dean family will have the peace that the Houser family recieved by the grace of God , that it made letting go peaceful.
Dean Family...
You guys are a very sweet family. Jennifer you have been such a blessing to me through your messages each day. I learn so much from God through you. Wayne is a beloved man and he has a been a blessing to the Farber family through the years. Thanks for all the memories. We love you guys. Rocky and I will be praying for your family as you are going through the next few weeks. Love in Christ, Laurie Munzuris(Farber)
Again, I say that God is so very pleased with you and Wayne. He smiles on you today - just think He's having Wayne's mansion dusted and readied for a big homecoming. I think of all the hoopla I go to when I know a guest is coming - can you imagine the "busy-ness" of Heaven as they prepare for a very important family member to come home. The angels are hovering all around Wayne right now awaiting the word from God that everything is ready and Wayne's task on this side is completed. "I can only imagine"..........what a wonderful song to run through your mind right now. Hugs to all the Dean family - you are never far from our thoughts. Jeanne & Dale Parrott
Jennifer,Wayne and family,
We have just finished our Bible study and are off to worship. We ask God to be with you strongly in these days that you might not only feel His presence but be aware of the number of believers who stand with you in Spirit and in prayer throughout the world.
Loving you in Newnan, Georgia.
Ernest and Jan Taylor
We are praying in Newnan, Georgia.
Ernest and Jan Taylor
I received this blog from my Aunt who told us that we should read this as it may help us, my father in Sept of 2007 had surgery to remove a tumor on his brain, Oct 2 2007 we found out that it was cancer, Gleoblastoma Grade 4, he went to Ellis Fischell Cancer Center in Columbia Mo and underwent 6 weeks of radiation and chemo, all looked good and was going well, my family and I were just so thrilled. He left to go home the day before Thanksgiving, still going well. He suffered a seizure and then was back at the hospital, he lost feeling in his left arm, back home and therapy. December 24th he fell and has been in the hospital ever since, MRI results show the tumor has grown back and it does not look good, Dad is now completly paralyed on his left side. The surgeon came in yesterday Dec 31st and told us they would air lift day to CO to undergo a 2nd surgery, without the surgery it would be days. My Dad is a pastor and has been a man of God all his life, my family and I believe with all our hearts that God is on the throne and in control. He is the Great Physician. I love my Dad with all my heart, and I can not imagine loosing him. The pain is more than I can bare at this time, I fell my faith is being shaken as I am angry and confused why God would take our Dad, he just turned 65 and was in great health. I am looking for answers and begging for strength that I will have the courage to understand all this. My Dad has 4 daughters, I am the 2nd to the oldest. We all live all of the states and it is killing us to be so far away. Please if you could offer any help, a thought, a prayer, I would love to lean on it as I am so lost at this most difficult time. I read your blog and it uplifted me so much, I wish I would have seen it earlier!
Post a Comment
<< Home