Prayer for Healing
Just so you will know how we are praying for healing, and certain of its coming, let me remind you to read the paper on prayer for healing at the web site if you have not. (www.prayinglife.org; click on FAQ, then "What about prayer for healing?")
When I say that God will definitely heal, I don't mean restoring the physical vehicle in which Wayne is temporarily sheltered. God heals bodies and restores them to health sometimes, but not always. However, He does always heal. These bodies are meant to be temporary housing. That's why the Scripture refers to them as"tents." Our mansions-- our estates-- are not here, but they are in Eternity.
We were not born for earth. We were not made for time. Eternity is our destiny. We are just passing through on our way Home. We wear these "earthsuits" (bodies) so that we can temporarily navigate the landscape of earth, just like an astronaut wears a suit that provides him a temporary environment through which he can navigate the foreign atmosphere of space. Soon, Wayne will shed his earthsuit and dance in his native air. I can only imagine.
When I say that God will definitely heal, I don't mean restoring the physical vehicle in which Wayne is temporarily sheltered. God heals bodies and restores them to health sometimes, but not always. However, He does always heal. These bodies are meant to be temporary housing. That's why the Scripture refers to them as"tents." Our mansions-- our estates-- are not here, but they are in Eternity.
We were not born for earth. We were not made for time. Eternity is our destiny. We are just passing through on our way Home. We wear these "earthsuits" (bodies) so that we can temporarily navigate the landscape of earth, just like an astronaut wears a suit that provides him a temporary environment through which he can navigate the foreign atmosphere of space. Soon, Wayne will shed his earthsuit and dance in his native air. I can only imagine.


9 Comments:
Paying continually for you, Jennifer. The Lord even gave me a bad cold today so I could continue to lift up you, Wayne and the boys without distraction. Fixing our eye on the unseen ... praying for ultimate healing ... and strength and grace at this time. How loving He is to have given you this time. Deb Weaver
At our last evaluation with doctors at the University Hospital, the doctors gave my Dad six months. The Lord gave him perfect healing in less than a month.
Still praying for your family.
Linda Darity
Jennifer,
I have read each day's words with tears and a heart full of emotion for each of you. When you wrote of healing and pointed us towards you writings on it, I had to write and let you know my experience with it and just to say how true that teaching is. My Mom had broken her hip and what began as a pretty sure recovery became a nightmare of hospitals, rehab and then that last trip home to her own bed to die. Up until the doctor said there was nothing more he could do, we had prayed like David did over the infant son God took from him. Once we had the sad news, we prayed for that perfect healing. Her death was not an end, it was a release and freedom for her spirit. I went over and over your teaching on that healing and it gave me such strength. I am glad that it brings you such lifting now.
The witness that you and your family are giving the world through your sorrow brings more Glory to the Name of Jesus than all of your seminars and books and tapes combined. Take comfort from that
Amen and Amen. We never give up praying for healing. Sometimes healing just doesn't look like what our earthly eyes want it to look like. Death is nothing to be feared for a child of God - it's the goal we are all running towards in this race called life.
And, yes.....we can only imagine.......
And, again today we sit with you and the boys in spirit and love.
Jeanne & Dale
A great song that speaks to the "ultimate healing" awaiting Wayne.
Home Free by Wayne Watson copyright 1990 by Word Music
I'm trying hard not to think you unkind
But Heavenly Father If you know my heart
Surely you can read my mind
Good people underneath the sea of grief
Some get up and walk away
Some will find ultimate relief
Home Free, eventually
At the ultimate healing we will be
Home Free Home Free, oh I've got a feeling
At the ultimate healing
We will be Home Free
Out in the corridors we pray for life
A mother for her baby, A husband for his wife
Sometimes the good die young
It's sad but true
And while we pray for one more heartbeat
The real comfort is with you
You know pain has little mercy
And suffering's no respecter of age, of race or position
I know every prayer gets answered
But the hardest one to pray is slow to come
Oh Lord, not mine, but Your will be done
Jennifer and Sons,
I am blessed each time I read your site. Thank you for demonstrating the way we can triumphantly march through the valley of the shadow--tears and all. You are each in my prayers. I am praying that you all will have sight beyond this present earth, which is exactly what it sounds like Wayne has. From what I have read, particularly from your sons, makes me look forward to meeting Wayne.
Praying for each of you,
Dixie Harris
Raleigh, NC
Jennifer and boys,
My prayers continue to be with you in these days as you wait upon the Lord and prepare for Wayne's celestial homecoming. Thank you for displaying so powerfully the faith and hope that sustains us as believers in the face of death.
I'm reminded of a story told about John Wesley. A man approached him in a crowd one day, asking him how to become a Christian. Wesley shared the gospel with him and he was saved. Wesley in turn asked the man why he had approached him with his spiritual hunger. The man's response: "I've observed that your people die well." Your family's strength throughout this experience testifies well to that same truth.
Gary Snowden
When our son, Andrew, died at 20 after a horrible life of being trapped in a cerebral palsy body (earthsuit), I called it "God's rescue". We were all suffering with him for so many years and at just the right time, Dec. 31st, God scooped him up from my lap to His. The end of the year - the end of an earthly struggle.
Only you, Jennifer, would be teaching others at a time like this. You are so very amazing.
I love your description of the spacesuit that the astronauts wear compared to our bodies we need to be able to traverse this foreign terrain. Wonderful!
I know God is holding you and the boys close and you are all praising Him through these last hours. You are such a wonderful example to me and so many others.
My love and Prayers are with you so many times each day. Philippians 1:3-6
Marcia Jones
Traders Point Christian Church
Indianapolis, IN.
Jennifer and family,
Your chronicle of these days with Wayne (whom I have come to love through your eyes), has been such a blessing to me. Kennedy's post made me cry. What a blessing to have children this sweet.
Our pastor, Bob Cryder, was healed of cancer through a stem cell transplant in August. We have been praying for his recovery from the transplant since then, and have continued to watch him improve. So watching his physical progress, and Wayne’s physical decline, has been a real motivation to pray for the Dean family. I have felt a little guilty about our good news with our pastor getting better. Then last Monday, Nov 28th, Bob was too tired and the hospital kept him after his normal checkup to see why he was so tired. A week later, just yesterday, Jesus took Bob home! I was thinking, “God wants Bob Cryder in Wayne’s reception committee!” Now, all you have been sharing with us, is helping all that much more in my daily walk of love for my Loving Heavenly Father. Thank you!
When my mother died in 1975, our associate pastor read 11 separate passages of scripture straight through. I have included this link to that reading. The more the pastor read, the more I sang in my heart, Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary and the more I felt the weight of the day being lifted off my shoulders.
Vic Rauch
Arcade Church
Sacramento, CA
Post a Comment
<< Home