December 7 Evening
No change. He has not moved a muscle voluntarily for 24 hours and has no repsonses at all of any kind. But his breathing, though shallow, keeps a slow, steady rhythm that has not changed. We have seen him struggling for breath and there have been times of ragged breathing, so this steady peaceful breathing pattern is a blessing. Still here.
Pray on.
Pray on.


8 Comments:
I know this is a hard time for you - but I love the way you describe it as "peaceful" - because that is God wrapping Himself around you. That peace is so evident in your writing - and it sounds - in Wayne's life now as God prepares Wayne's mansion.
We are still praying. I have a story similar to the one that Pris shared earlier. Too long to share now. Know that the God of all comfort is comforting you, even as you are comforting all those reading your posts.
Love, Claudia Martindale
You, the boys, and Wayne have not been out of my thoughts or prayers for more than a moment or two over the past several days. I hope that you continue to feel His presence and the love that comes from the prayers of all of us who love you and yours.
Jenn James
You and your family have been in my prayers constantly since you attended our Ladies Conference in Paducah. I know that God is providing the peace and strength that you need. You are such a witness how the power of prayer is sustaining you and your "blog" provides lots of opportunity to give strength to others. I understand what you are going through.
Jennifer, Your words regarding Wayne's breathing reminds me of the LaMaze breathing during the labor of birth. Perhaps just as Wayne's mother waited upon God's timing for his birth into this earthly realm, so you are waiting upon God's timing for Wayne's birth into the heavenly realm. Keeping you all in thought and prayer as Wayne is birthed according to God's sovereign will from temporal life into eternal life. May His peace remain with you.
I check this blog several times a day and read it with tears. Your sisters, Alma & Betty, are dear to us. I pray for your family everyday and I cry for your family everyday. My husband ask me why I continue to read something that "upsets" me so. I told him that as we around the world go through this with your family, I'm seeing such an example of Christian grace that it just overwhelms me. Your husband may never know the impact he has had on us all, but you should know that your family has been such an example of faith to the rest of us. This time will come for all of us in one way or another and my prayer is that when it does, if I can handle it with a fraction of the Christian example you have set, I will have truly accomplished something. Reading the posts by your sons is especially touching as my father battles colon cancer, and I can so vividly see myself in their place. Thank you for continuing to find time to keep us updated. Our prayers never leave your family. God is good.
Debra Morgan (mother of the twins)
Monroeville, AL (Mrs. Alma said to identify myself that way)
As I fed horses in early morning snowy cold you were in my thoughts and prayers. That God will continue to wrap you and Wayne and your whole family in the warmth of His love and peace.
Sandy Woodside
Been praying for you all...God is faithful to remind and encourage prayers to come from the heart for another...
God is so wonderfully faithful...
love kerri
Post a Comment
<< Home