Friday, December 09, 2005

Morning December 9

Wayne is still with us. Late yesterday afternoon his steady rhythmic breathing began to change. It is now irregular and very shallow. Still he is in no pain or distress, nor are we. The peace that has held us from the first minute holds us still. In the midst of our grief, we still have laughter and light-hearted moments.

Thank you for sitting this watch with us.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We at First Christian in Canton, OH continue in prayer for all of you in the Dean family and for your friends and church family also. Jennifer, you continue to minister through the sharing of your heart.

12/09/2005  
Blogger iowegian said...

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Sometimes in the waiting hours, the hymns of our faith can carry us along, and bring great comfort. I know this is a long post, and I apologize, but my prayer is that you and your family and friends will find great comfort in these 2 timeless songs.

Praying you through.

diane

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I thank God for the peace that passeth all understanding, which is guarding your heart and your mind through this difficult time. I continue to lift you and your sons in prayer.

Tonya

12/09/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

Still we sit with you in spirit and love and confidence that He who began the GOOD work in Wayne will complete it.

Jeanne and Dale

12/09/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

Still we sit with you in spirit and love and confidence that He who began the GOOD work in Wayne will complete it.

Jeanne and Dale

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaiah 43:2-3

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior....

Still keeping watch with you this morning. Thankful for God's answer to our prayers for peace.

From E.M. Bounds this morning: "O what a comfort to see God in all of life's events!"

Trusting Him for super-abounding grace for each of you today.

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear one,
Checking several times daily and praying for you and yours.
Love,
Janet

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good. Our prayers continue.
Paducah,KY

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,Brantley,Kennedy,Stinson,

You are on our minds and we will continue to pray for all of you. God is so good, and through your blog messages I can tell all our prayers are being answered, God is taking you all through this valley time,in your lives. We feel for you,are behind you and will continue to lift you up.

Donna Farber

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading again this morning from your book about removing clutter from our lives so we can hear the voice of God. You have walked so closely with the Lord that your acoustics were clear to hear God's voice as He has spoken peace and joy into your heart.
We are praying:
Paula Hughes
Stonecroft Ministries

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer and sons, your willingness to make us a part of your watch is a witness that fills me with wonder. Your intimate notes have brought me into Wayne's room to sit with you, and I feel His presence there so strongly. I am reading "Fueled by Faith". Your words have an entirely new meaning when placed beside your living of that Faith. Thank you, Jackie Stonecipher

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing the watch with you through our prayers.

With love,
Kay walker

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dean family,
I am in Kuwait praying for each of you! Your daily updates are a testimony of your trust and faith in Him who holds Wayne in the palm of His hands. Love & blessings,
Sheryll

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the first folks I think of each morning when I wake up and then lift you before the King of Kings and Prince of Peace. I praise Him that He is reigning there with you and that the Anchor holds for each of you.

Dixie Harris

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer and boys:
So many of us echo Dixie's thoughts. You are on our minds and in our prayers constantly. Today on Joni Eareckson Tada's radio show she shared a poem that made me think of you all. Hope it will be of some comfort.

After the toil and the heat of the day,
After my troubles are past,
After the sorrows are taken away,
I shall see Jesus at last.
After the heartaches and sighing shall cease,
After the cold winter's blast,
After the conflict comes glorious peace,
I shall see Jesus at last.
After the shadows of evening shall fall,
After my anchor is cast,
After I list to my Savior's last call,
I shall see Jesus at last.
He will be waiting for me,
Jesus, so kind and so true.
On His beautiful throne,
He will welcome me home
After the day is through.

This is our hope after all.
With love and prayers,
Debbie

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been through this process with my mother some 9 years ago. Your references to the peace that you have and to Wayne's reaching out remind me of the late stages of my mother's death from cancer. I echo the sentiments of Jane Currin and the others this morning as we keep watch with you.

Grace, Bill Prather
bprather3@sbcglobal.net

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We at CBF of Missouri are keeping you in our hearts and prayers. It has been a blessing to us as you have allowed us to tag along on your journey these last weeks. Your daily updates and insights into the life of our friend Wayne Dean have confirmed what we already knew of his stength of Spirit and genuine concern for those around him.

We thank you for your ministry to us during these weeks as we also hope that our prayers help minister to you and your family.

Harold Phillips, Jeff Langford, and Ellen Gregory

12/09/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyday, around the world, prayers are lifted in God's Holy Name for the Dean family....I know that is a comfort to all of you.....as you share, we share, and that is the wonder of God's grace. Thank you for waking me from the complacency of comfort and take me along on your journey of prayer through faith. I too eagerly await each days wisdom and insight from your heart, and begin and end each day with prayers for all of you, and sometimes an instant of hope continues that prayer throughout the day. This time of sadness will also be a time of gladness through the memories in the making. May God heal your hearts and bodies as HE leads Wayne on this journey to glory. In giving and receiving God's greatest gift of "love", Helen

12/09/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home