Saturday, December 10, 2005

Saturday Morning

He has been doing Cheyne-Stokes breathing now since 7:00 last night. This is where he takes several breaths, then goes about 20 seconds without breathing. He has done this before, but in the past has then settled back into steady breathing. According to the experts, Cheyne-Stokes breathing is the end. But, in our case, the experts have been wrong before.

This is not a struggle. It is not struggling for breath. He is peaceful as always. He is even trying to move his hand, but is too weak to get it far. I know he recognizes that I am holding his hand.

No fear. No struggle. No pain.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for the peace that passeth all understanding. Thank you for your generous updates, Jennifer. The body of Christ continues to lift your family in prayer.

Tonya

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,Wayne and Boys.
It is obvious that the Holy Spirit is in your place.I know He will continue to breathe His peace and love on and in all of you.


Praising Jesus with you,
Carolyn Jess

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praising God for His mercy and comfort. He is so good (all the time). He has made your home a sanctuary of His peace and presence. Praying on.

Debbie

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Please know I am praying for you and your family. My mother told me about Wayne and Andrea M. gave me the blog sight.
We met a couple of years ago at Glorieta and chatted for sometime at CBA this summer.
Your offering of pain is bringing much glory to the Lord Jesus. How others will be encouraged as you continue to trust! In prayer, Susanne S.

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless all of you...praying on. Loretto Ray

12/10/2005  
Blogger DaleJeanne said...

You can count on your friends - we're all still sitting with you in spirit and love. Amazing grace....grace, grace, marvelous grace - his grace is always more than sufficient for our need.

Hugs.......I know your birthday is soon......It won't necessarily be a happy one but it isn't forgotten either.

We love you
Jeanne & Dale

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping your family in our prayers

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping your family in our prayers

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of Wayne this morning as I read Romans 8:23, that Wayne is groaning inwardly as he waits eagerly for his adoption and the redemption of his body. And for you and the boys, Jennifer, that the Spirit Himself is interceding for you with groans that words cannot express. That is a comfort for me as well as I pray for you all.

Continuing to hold you in prayer,
Dixie Harris

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that Wayne is a football lover, so I would think he would approve of my victory celebration this afternoon for my alma mater - Appalachian State University - we are headed to the Div. I-AA National Championship Game next weekend. Go Mountaineers!

As my boys and I stand around giving high-fives, I realize that our celebration is nothing compared to the one that Wayne will have soon - in the presence of the King of Kings. Christ's victory over sin and death is the ultimate.

"When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!"

Still praying!
Jane

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Today BRB and I attended the memorial service of praising God for the life and ministry of Terry Moncrief, director of Techwood Baptist Center (recently renamed Moncrief Baptist Center). I thought you would remember him. He died on Wed. after a little over a year's struggle with a brain tumor. How I thought of you and your boys throughout the service. Terry had 3 girls and they did a great tribute to their father. There were so many paralells. I know when Wayne's hand moves from your hand to Jesus' hand there will be a great celebration in heaven as another Godly man enters. One who has shown us how to live, as well as how to die!! My prayers continue though honestly I find comfort in knowing that God's spirit is right with you for..."If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of wordless sighs, our aching groans."(Romans 8:26 The Message)

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying on.

With love,
Kay Walker

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers continue with each of you.
Bob Springate

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is morning in Kuwait again and I am blessed to receive the latest on Wayne's journey. "For He shall give His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways". Psalm 91:11

Praying for and with each of you! In Him,
Sheryll Mairza
sheryll105@hotmail.com

12/10/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From God's Word this morning in Psalm 139:

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

12/11/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home