Memorial Plans
We woke up our first morning without Wayne. Now that the focus is different, I am painfully aware of the gaping hole in our family. All of the prayers for us will continue to spill over into this next leg of the journey.
I will post details of the memorial service as soon as I know for sure. It looks like it will be Friday afternoon about 1:00 or 2:00 at First Baptist Church of Blue Springs. In a later post, I will suggest some ministries that Wayne loved for those who would like to honor him in that way. Wayne loved the work of God's Kingdom and himself gave generously to ministries that he felt had direct impact on the lives of individuals.
Today I have to take care of lots of things, but will post details as soon as I can.
I will post details of the memorial service as soon as I know for sure. It looks like it will be Friday afternoon about 1:00 or 2:00 at First Baptist Church of Blue Springs. In a later post, I will suggest some ministries that Wayne loved for those who would like to honor him in that way. Wayne loved the work of God's Kingdom and himself gave generously to ministries that he felt had direct impact on the lives of individuals.
Today I have to take care of lots of things, but will post details as soon as I can.


12 Comments:
I am praying this morning, that the God who does not despise small things will give you clear thought as you tend to so many details of the day.
From His Word today - His great promise - "I am with you"
Haggai 2:4-5;9
Yet now be strong, alert, and courageous, O Dean family, says the Lord; be strong, alert, and courageous, ... and be strong, alert, and courageous, all you people of the land, says the Lord, and work! For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts.
According to the promise that I covenanted with you ...., so My Spirit stands and abides in the midst of you; fear not....
The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, says the Lord of hosts; and in this place will I give peace and prosperity, says the Lord of hosts.
Jane
Jennifer, know that our prayers are with you....we have followed your updates and continue to uphold you and your family in our prayers...your strengh and your faith is an inspiration for us all.
I love you and my thoughts are with you....I have contacted several members of my bible study group to make sure they knew....I speak for all of us...we love you...may Gods love embrace you and your family today and in the difficult days ahead, from around the world you have touched so many lives....God blessings my friend...
Elly Herring...Cadiz, Ky.
and all the members of my Bible study group....our prayers are embracing you.......
Jennifer - I just finished your lesson on faith from Praying Life from Hebrews 11:1 and I got on the blog to get an update. I am praying that the Lord would keep your spiritual eyes open today and in the coming days. May your heart be constantly aware of the substance of your faith, that our precious Lord is nearer than the air you breathe and that your beloved is in his presence. The Lord bless you richly. Thank you for your ministry in the midst of your grief and for allowing others into your privacy. It has strengthened my faith. I am praying for you each day. Your sister in Christ, Maribeth Jennings, in NC
Continuing love and prayers to you!! Jesus is so evident in your every word and action. Thank you for sharing with us and we will share with you.
Love, Kim
Dearest Jennifer and boys, my heart is breaking for your loss and rejoicing with Wayne that he has now received the best Christmas gift of them all. He is spending Christmas worshiping at the feet of the Lord. May God continue to give you His peace during this hard time. Know that you are loved by all of us who have walked this spiritual journey with you. In His eternal peace, Jackie Stonecipher
Dear Jennifer,
I just logged on to your webpage. Tamara Blatney has been wonderful in keeping our Sunday School class up to date and requesting our prayers. Although, I did not know Wayne personally; I have done your Praying Life study and you were one of the first people I met at First Baptist at those early morning Bible studies at Bagle and Bagle. You and your family will be in my prayers, for strength and comfort. We can rejoice that Wayne is in Heaven.
Thank you for all you have taught me in my walk with Christ and teaching and showing what living a "praying life" really means.
In His Love, Rhonda Timmons
There no ministry Wayne loved more than the ministry you have into each of our lives. He was so proud of you and your accomplishments.
While we can't be with you this weekend and in the days to come, know that we still sit with you in the quietness in spirit and with so much love.
Our prayers will continue for you and the boys and for all of us who have lost a friend to Heaven.
Now, Wayne is walking with Jesus, hand-in-hand, as He shows Wayne all the riches of Heaven that Wayne was promised. I know that mansion is bright and beautiful with the radiance of Wayne Dean today and Heaven is a better place because Wayne is there.
We love you, Jennifer. Our hearts melt with what you have ahead of you this weekend and through the Christmas season. Wayne will never be far from you - he will live in your heart.
Hugs
Jeanne & Dale
Jennifer, Stinson, Kennedy and Brantley...Praise God that prayers were answered for Wayne to leave this world peacefully. May God's stong, loving arms carry you through the days to follow. We pray that you are able to rest and sleep peacefully with the comforting knowledge that Wayne is "Sleeping in Heavenly Peace" with Jesus.
With tears of sadness and joy,
The Fosters
"Well done ...my good and faithful servant"
This really comes alive for me today as I contemplate Wayne's homegoing...
His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your Master."
Praise God!
Kerri
You are on my heart this a.m. Know that the prayers from us will continue on and on...the Lord put you on my heart many years ago now that I was to pray for you. That will not stop. It is truly a privledge and blessing.
May I share some of His Words--
Be to 'Jennifer and her sons' a rock of refuge in which to dwell, and a sheltering stronghold to which they may continually resort, which You have appointed to save 'them', for You are 'their' Rock and 'their' fortress.
Sustain 'these dear ones of your children' according to Thy Word...
Their souls weep because of grief; strengthen them according to Thy Word.
Yes, You are their Rock and their fortress; therefore for Your name's sake lead them and guide them.
Hear their voice according to Thy lovingkindess; revive them, O LORD, according to Thine ordinances.
Keep and protect them, O God, for in You they have found refuge, and in You do they put their trust and hide themselves."
With love and continued prayers,
Kay Walker
Dearest Jennifer and Boys,
I grieve with you all but also know that there is a beautiful peace and joy in our hearts for Wayne. I really agree with Jeanne and Dale that Wayne was so supportive and proud that God had led BOTH of you into the Praying Life Ministry.
Though we won't be able to be with you in person through these days please know that our hearts will be close. I hope you can record the service.
We love you,
Delores and Billy Ray
I'M FREE
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God has laid, you see.
I took His hand when I heard His call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found the peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life has been full, I savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief.
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee.
God wanted me now---He set me free.
Post a Comment
<< Home